Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Carrier Remote TN Configuration

Status
Not open for further replies.

norteltech91

Technical User
Apr 5, 2008
US
I have a customer with a Cs1000M adding a 3 T1 carrier remote to another building. The pacakge came with the local card as well as 3 cabinets (option 11 type) and all hardware. When configuring the loop as the document states I configured loop 24 per the slot of the card in the network. I know cabinet 0 is loop 24 - 0 what would cabinets 1 & 2 be, I tried 24 - 1 and get an error stating XPEC does not exist

I've never had a two cabinet wall mount carrier remote before, so I was curious and did a little reading, so tell me if this is news :)

On the main cabinet: IPE cards are slots 0 thru 9
On the expansion cabinet: IPE cards are slots 10 thru 15

That would add up to 16 IPE cards, like one whole IPE shelf.

There was only one place where "expansion cabinets" was plural. Most places in the book specified "if you require an expansion cabinet" as in only "one main cabinet and one expansion cabinet"

My guess is you can't have more than the 16 IPE cards per carrier interface.

At least this might open up the dialog for someone who knows otherwise.

~~~
[small] [©] GHTROUT.com [⇔] A Variety of Free Resources for Nortel Meridian/CS1000 System Administrators [/small]

GH is correct. I recently worked on an 61c which had 3 carrier remotes, 2 of which had dual cabinets. THe max you can use is 16 cards, just like a normal IPE shelf.

You should have gotten a thick copper cable that goes between the main and expansion cabinet also.

By the way you can't have a shelf 0 and shelf 1. Sorry only one shelf.

Signature===========================================

Aastra Authorized Reseller

what cards did they send you? there are a few differnt remote configs that you could use!

and that depends on the config.. i would not use cards 11 to 16 on a 3 cab carrier remote.. you lose ports,, i would config each as a supl.. i would use 24 0 and maybe 24 1.. but i don't like my remotes all off the same card of group for that matter..

where i have remotes, each cab is in a unique group..

quick cheat.. plug a card in, the screen will give you a code when the card plugs in
Code:
XMI001 68  0 5  XMLC

XMI002 68  0 5  XMLC

xmi 1 when it is seated xmi 2 when it has blinked the third and final time.. when i have someone swap a remote, i enable it after the handshake

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

Thank you all I went to site yesterday as saw the technician had only programmed cards 1 - 10 so I added loop 24 - 1 and had him continue on.

Cards 10 thru 15 (the cards in the expansion cabinet) are still in Loop 24 0 aren't they?

~~~
[small] [©] GHTROUT.com [⇔] A Variety of Free Resources for Nortel Meridian/CS1000 System Administrators [/small]

Excellent. Let us know how that goes. Carrier Remote isn't covered enough here. We could all use the experience.

~~~

no kidding - I tried to get them to upgrade to a 1000E and just add a node but with $$ tight they told me I was out of my mind

GH if your still on have you ever setup a PCMCIA card to download software for an option 11? I have a customer who is at 19.40B has some corruption and I am running them off the backup Z drive - every tim I try the PCMCIA card programmer it tells me permission denied

I would get one of those 24-in-one USB card readers (or just use the laptop PCMCIA) and read the card with program

Not sure if that is the issue (can't read the card) but I am pretty sure you will avoid any permission issues with WinImage

Other than that, I'm not the expert in that area :)

~~~

from past answers and your web site I thought you knew it all - I will put it out to all as another post

Many people know more - but few have made as many mistakes to learn from.

~~~

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back