Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

capacity of soft phones

Status
Not open for further replies.

RINGINnBLINGIN

Programmer
Dec 21, 2012
US
I'm struggling to find this on the support site... how many soft phones will an IPO server edition support?

Equinox or Communicator?

Can't find anything other than that it seems all VoIP extension are counted the same towards capacity, except that if they use TLS it counts as 2 (3 on an expansion).
Then One-X portal has it's own limit depending on if it's Select or not.

"Trying is the first step to failure..." - Homer

I actually found it in the "Deploying Avaya IP Office™ Platform Server Edition Servers as Virtual Machines" doc. Since one-x powers these users, I'm assuming that's the limitation. If you check it out, there's more detailed guidelines than just user counts.

You can have softphones without One-X, so generally that is the limit expect for when using TLS which would drop the capacity to 1500 from 3000 on select.

"Trying is the first step to failure..." - Homer

Where did you find the 1 to 2 and 1 to 3 for TLS? Also, my mind is a little blown at the moment. One-x doesnt contribute to the capacity of softphones? Could you help me understand this better?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back