Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

CAP issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

chriscaton

Vendor
Dec 11, 2002
US
I have a client who offers multi-tenant phone service on a MICS 0x32 4.1 with PRI. There are three attendant consoles that each have one CAP assinged to them and they are all programmed alike so the receptionist can answer from any position for any of their tenants.

The problem is on the main answering postion: I need to assign a new target line button and Dn button for a new tenant however, there are only three remaining buttons on the CAP.

When I try to a Feature *1 or Feature *2 as soon as I press the button it returns to time and date and will not allow me to progrma it. If I check the button under feature *0 it says "blank button". If I check the button under "user preferences-Button programming" the button says L0 (L zero). I cannot make a change to the button either using Feature *1 Hold (to clear it), Feature *2, or through the User prefs path.

I can add a target line but I cannot add an extension to any of the remaining buttons. I have changed the M7324 and CAP with different units. The problem only occurs at one position. I have also powered down and rebooted entire system.

any ideas?

You cant program a target line on a cap, just a dn should work. Last four #"s of target line.

Not sure what you are referring to. I have a CAP full of Target lines and DN's currently...

Plombardo: if the CAP is assigned to the set in programming, you can pgm lines & DNs on the CAP.

Chris:

If u connect a second CAP to the existing, will it allow u to pgm what u need on it?

Have not tried connect a second CAP yet (didn't have one handy). Although the discussion with PLOMBARDO made me think - what if I set the CAP back to just a KLM and then setit back to a CAP. That might wipe the CAP and allow me to continue.

I just remembered that this problem has been progressive in nature. It started with one button that I could not program and then 2, now 3.

any other thoughts?

If u want to assign lines the CAP must be assigned in pgm which makes it an enhanced CAP.

Acutally what I had indicated in the first post was that I CAN assign the Lines (target). Now let's say a line get's removed (unassigned). This is where the problem begins. Even though the button says "blank" I still cannot assign a DN using Feature *2. As soon as I press the button to program it returns to "time and date" as if I pressed RLS...

If I go look at the button in "Button Programming" it does not say "blank" It says L 0 (line 0 I presume) and there are no soft keys available to change the button

Now that's a good one!
Haven't seen that before.
Maybe its time to do a reset on the CAP and default it.
Unplug the line cord from the CAP.
Reconnect the line cord.
When the indicators begin to flash press the two bottom buttons on the left column of the module and the two bottom buttons on the right column of the module at the same time.
The indicators will be turned on one by one in sequence beginning at the bottom right-hand corner of the Module and ascending. The indicators will then turn OFF.
The Module is now set to default.

-SD-

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back