Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Can't use USB for contacts in 9611G 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

chippowell9

Technical User
Aug 18, 2005
US
CM 6.3. The Avaya one-X Deskphone USB Companion Tool works great for Outlook contacts on my H.323 9641GS's, but not for my 9611G's. I plug the configured USB into the 9611G and I get an alert that says: "USB Device Detected - Your USB device is not supported and power limit is exceeded. Please remove USB device."

I have USBPOWER turned on in the 46xxsettings.txt file, parameter 2 - regardless of power source.
I have USBLOGINSTAT also turned on in 46xxsettings, parameter - allowed.

But I'm not really trying to use those features, I just want to import my Outlook contacts and have it work like it does on 9641GS.

Any thoughts why it's working on one model and not the other?

The phone supports USB drives with FAT or FAT32 file systems and does not support USB drives with NTFS file systems and
multiple LUNs.

The end is near!

Yeah, all the USB's I've tried are FAT32, still no dice.

- Do you have the switch on the back of the 9611G set on IEEE - H (High)?
- What firmware are you running on the 9641G/9611G? If not the latest (6.6.4), then may be worth a try on the latest.

Thank you, gwebster, that was it. Switch to IEEE - H and reboot the phone. Much appreciated!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back