Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Can't uninstall/upgrade Mitel Software Installer Tool 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

bobcheese

Technical User
May 24, 2006
GB
I have version 11.0.0.33 installed on my laptop (Win7 64-bit) and have tried to install the version that came with MCD5.0 SP1 PR1 (11.0.1.11). The installer package says it has updated but when I launch from programs it shows version 11.0.0.33.
I have tried to un-install this version to install from scratch but when the wizard says it has removed the software it is still there!!
I have tried to find a launcher file in the directory but I cant find a single launcher file.

Anyone else had the same issue??

No I have not seen that but have you tried completely removing via the windows uninstall function? Did it install the old version under program files and the new under program file x86?

I'd tell you a UDP joke but I'm afraid you won't get it. TCP jokes are the best because you always get them.

Yes that is what I tried to uninstall via control panel and it tells me it has completed but it is still there.

I have mitel software installer folders and what looks like the sme content in both 'program files' & 'program file x86'. The older one (11.0.0.33) is pointing to 'program files' but like I said I cant find a .exe that launches the software to check the other.

I just did that with a 32 bit install of Win7 and it now launches 11.0.1.11 from the start menu.
Start in
"C:\Program Files\Mitel\Mitel 3300 ICP Software Installer\jre\bin\"
Target
C:\Program Files\Mitel\Mitel 3300 ICP Software Installer\jre\bin\javaw.exe" -classpath "..\lib;..\..\lib\SoftwareInstaller.jar" -DSI_HOME="%SI_HOME%" autoinstaller.AI_Main_Controller

so its not looking for an exe ......

this is my point. so at present im a bit stuck I could really do with uninstalling 11.0.0.33 just for my sanity of nothing else.

On a side note, I tried installing MCD5.0 SP1 PR1 using 11.0.0.33 instead of 11.0.1.11 and it worked fine! Still not good moving forward.

Any suggestions?

i have got the same problem

i can upgrade to 5.0 spa pr1 fine but i need to upgrade from 8 to 5.0 over the weekend and need to be able to remove the installer

CCNA,CCNP,CCVP
HP AIS
Full Mitel

Have you tried a third party uninstaller rahter then using Windows?

I'd tell you a UDP joke but I'm afraid you won't get it. TCP jokes are the best because you always get them.

Glannmitel - you can use the SW installer for 5.0 to upgrade from 8 to MCD4. As I understand it, it is backwards compatible. Mine however, wont even upgrade to the newer version

Wonder if its a 32/64 bit problem...found this.

Flying the flags

A little digging unearthed the problem. Some naughty developer had written a perfectly valid 32-bit .NET application, but had neglected to flag it as specifically 32-bit code. 64-bit Windows was therefore running it in 64-bit mode, causing errors when the software couldn’t access the 32-bit system resources it expected.

Luckily, this is an easy problem to fix. Microsoft’s CorFlags command line tool – part of the .NET Framework – lets you modify the header flags on executable files, including the one that specifies when an application needs to be run in 32-bit mode. Setting this flag for our database application was a simple matter of typing
CorFlags application.exe /32bit+

And voilà – one 32-bit application running perfectly on 64-bit Windows. Worth a try if you ever run into a similar problem.

Read more: How to make stubborn 32-bit apps work on 64-bit Windows | PC Pro blog

Well worth a star.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back