Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Can't transfer on 4.0 VM Pro.

Status
Not open for further replies.

cycledick

Technical User
Oct 6, 2005
US
I just intalled an IPO 406V2 with 4.0. Also installed current version of VM Pro. I created three auto-attendants in three different modules, a day, a night, and a holiday menu. I created another module that simply does time-of-day then routes it to the correct module. Everything works like I expect and is still working just fine.

But, today I went to add another option to the auto-attendant menu and it doesn't work. I added a "zero" to the menu and linked it to a "transfer" token that simply has someone's extension in the specific tab. I get disconnected as soon as I press 0. Since I already have 4 other tokens that are working just fine (a "dial extension" a directory, a "leave mail" and a "get mail") I linked my new 0 to one of the tokens that is currently working. It still disconnects me. So, I tried every other number that I wasn't already using (1, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, and *) and they all do exactly the same thing, disconnect the call as soon as the option is pressed regardless of the token to which they are linked.

Anyone have any ideas? 4.0 Bugs?

PS. I do have the VM_TRUNCATE_TIME=0 in the "No User" user to stop VM Pro from cutting off the last 5 seconds of every message.

I cannot say for sure that my problem is exactly the same, but I have had something similar happen. After modifying anything related to the AAs I had to delete both my AAUser and AAExt and recreate them. Everything worked again after doing this.

i ran into this in 3.2.54 and what sems to be happening is the call flow has to be completely idle for the change to take affect. also there has been times that if i restart the vmdb service and then the vmpro service that will make the changes stick

My fault! Turns out I was not using the Voicemail Pro Client correctly. I was not logged into the system. So, everything I was doing was just applying all my changes to some offline file.

What clued me in was that I deleted everything AND reset the computer, but everything still worked fine. Then I notice the words "offline" on the Voicemail Pro client. I figured it out from there. When I start up the client though, it does say connecting to local server in the bottom of the window. So, I dunno why it actually wasn't. Go figure! Everything works like it's supposed to now.

Good you figured it out!

Wanted to mention the Voicemail Debug tool that is out there is very useful for finding problems with call flow, like this.

You did not mention use of it, so wanted to make sure you knew about it.

No, I didn't know there was a new debug tool. That would be useful (about time too). Where do I find that?

You can download the VM Debug zip file from our site:

Hope that helps... it's a small exe file in the zip file, that you run and will display a text log of each action in VM.

Run it from the PC you have VM installed on.

Extremely useful tool!!!

Take Care,

Tekcetera Support

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back