Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Can't send faxes

Status
Not open for further replies.

drewdown

IS-IT--Management
Apr 20, 2006
US
Hi yo, long time no post here as we have moved onto Cisco and Shoretel. However my girlfriends company uses Avaya and they recently switched from a PRI to analog lines and now they can receive faxes but can't send.

I don't have access to the IP office so I am trying to help her out but its been awhile since I have touched one. Can someone point me in the right direction as to what to check?

not enough info to go on here, what type of ip office? what software release? etc....

acss sme acis sme acss cm 5.2.1 acss cm and cmm acss aura messaging.

I don't have access to the IP office

That would make it almost impossible to help, as you can neither A) tell us how it's configured or B) make any suggested changes anyway :)

"No problem monkey socks

I know I know.

She is on the phone looking at the IP office so I have access to it, its just not firsthand access. :p

Seems as though they have to dial a 9 to get an outside line, but when they dial a 9 on the fax machine they get a fast busy signal. She is going to try not dialing a 9 and see if it works.

maybe some one configured the fax machine to insert the 9, I have done this for customers that did not want to reprogram their fax machine speed dial list, give it a try without the 9 and see what happens.

acss sme acis sme acss cm 5.2.1 acss cm and cmm acss aura messaging.

they went from PRI to analogue lines? Why the frack would you do that? (apart from a possible small cost saving?)

ACSS - SME
General Geek

3 reasons, cost, terrible provider and lack of knowledge.

BTW is there a market for a IP 406V2 and 16 port digital phone expansion unit?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back