Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Cant see my IP Office on network 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

divemaster1980

IS-IT--Management
Sep 6, 2007
US
I have an IP Office system that we had installed as a stand alone system. I just added it to the network and if I am connected to the same physical switch that it is, I can get into it via Manager. However if I try to use my WIFI connection to access it, I am unable to. I cant even ping it but I am able to connect and get to any other device that is on the network plugged into that switch. Any idea whats missing?

I would guess it's a routing issue on the wifi network, contact the network guys

I would agree with that, except that I can unplug the IP Office, plug in a Cisco Call Manager, use that same IP address, subnet, and gateway address and be able to ping and log into it from anywhere on my network, either wired or WIFI connected.

Do you have a route on the ip office that points to lan 1

I think that may be the issue, no I don't...yet. I will shortly and will let you know if that did the trick.

Yes, that was what I was missing. Once I added the static route it works like a champ. Thanks for your assistance.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back