Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Can't make backups anymore - asking for Java 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

danramirez

Programmer
Oct 25, 2009
ES
Guys,

My browser IE9, Windows7 stoped taking backups from the 3300.

When I go into the Backup page it says this page requires Java.

I have double checked that Java (latest version) is installed, I even unistalled it and reinstalled back with no luck...

Any idea what may be going wrong. I think Windows updated last week and since then I can't take any more backups.

Help help help, Regards,

Daniel

Try manually installing Java 6 instead of 7. I think there might be issues with version 7 and Mitel.

You may have already done this but clear your IE Cache.

sorry hit the return key too quickly.

Try turning your anti virus off.

Still day uninstall IE9 (which will then put IE8 back in place)

Sophos is a industrial grade anti virus programme. There have just been some issues with it that may stop things like Java working (it quarantines some files thus stopping Java working).

Have you tried backing down to IE8? I had to stop using IE9 here because of similar but different problems even on MCD5.

It's a Microsoft security update causing the issues (or at least was for me) - remove KB2744842 which was only installed a few days ago. I've done that today and can backup again.

There is a knowledge base article on this. The fix is acutally a patch to the 3300.

I'd tell you a UDP joke but I'm afraid you won't get it. TCP jokes are the best because you always get them.

12-5191-00282. I believe a search of MOL gives the procedure as well as a small file.

I'd tell you a UDP joke but I'm afraid you won't get it. TCP jokes are the best because you always get them.

its a TB.

I went onto MOL and download the TB document and an htm file, ftp'd the .htm onto the 3300 and it definitely clears this problem! Glad I checked here first....

Yep

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back