Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Can't link subform and mainform

Status
Not open for further replies.

nathanstevenson

IS-IT--Management
Oct 4, 2002
GB
Hi there,
this is probably easily solvable, but I am having major difficulties updating my subform.

My main form has a query which includes 2 tables, which are linked by a 1 to many relationship.

I want my subform to display all job details (sub form) for each contractor(main form). I have linked these two by the primary key in contractor - contractor ID, and foregin key contractor ID in job details table. It brings up the first record, but does not update after that.

Any ideas?

Thanks,
Nathan

Nathan, If you have this set up as a one-to-many with cascade updates, you can just base your contractor form on the contractor tbl, and the subform on the job details tbl. Do your contractor form first. Make your job details subform. Then put your job details subform onto the contractors form. The wizard will make the correct links. It should then work. HTH, Montrose Learn what you can and share what you know.

Nathan, Glad you got it to work. Will work anytime you have a one-to-many relationship. Best of luck in your future 'developing'!! Montrose Learn what you can and share what you know.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back