Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Can't get rid of the VM Pro automatic greeting when redirecting VM

Status
Not open for further replies.

AirGibson

IS-IT--Management
Apr 18, 2003
US
I have a "Group" type huntgroup named Group1. Assuming nobody in Group1 answers a call, the call needs to go to a specific user's existing mailbox (as opposed to going to the huntgroup's mailbox).

So I use VM Pro and use the "Leave" startpoint for that huntgroup. I tie the startpoint to a "Leave Mail" object that points to the correct user's VM box.

When I test this setup, the call is routed properly and everything works fine *except* for how it plays the default IP Office greeting before it plays the user's VM greeting. In other words, the caller hears "Your call is being answered by IP Office" and THEN they hear the user's VM greeting. Is there any way to pull out that first generic greeting?

On the Leave Mail action, save another Entry Prompt for it, or a tiny wav file of silence. I did your setup and recorded a 0.0 second wav file, and then I get only the user's VM greeting.

This worked for me also but... is there any way to do this globally without having to set each and every mailbox again (I have hundreds of VM accounts)?

Thanks,

What do you mean globally onsetcomp? Do you want to redirect hundreds of mailboxes to other mailboxes? I think what AirGibson was doing was just an exemption case scenario.

I simply want to get rid of the free IP Office ad at the beginning of every voicemail box greeting. Entering the 0.0 wav file works fine but will be very time consuming to setup for lots of users.

There isn't a need for the person leaving a message to hear two recordings.

Onsetcomp
I have removed the wav file in Voicemail Pro for a couple
of customer's saying the same thing ....
C>Programs >avaya >ip office > Voicemail Pro > wavs

I simply just moved it onto the desktop of the Voicemail Pro so if I ever needed it again (you never know:)or another folder other then wavs

43.wav: "Your call is being answered by IP Office".

I even removed the one you hear while logging in

287.wav: "Welcome to IP Office".

I have had no issues with the these 2 wav files being removed from the wav folder .....good luck ! How goes the new PRI

Focus9600:)

Onsetcomp
I think its
C:>Programs Files >avaya >ip office >Voicemail Pro> VM>wavs
not in front of one so .....just browse the wav folder click
on it an play it to make sure.

Focus9600:)

Thanks for the info - the system works just fine without the free advertising for IPO.

The PRI is working quite well now and DID's are loud and clear.

-Onsetcomp

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back