Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Can't Get a Login Prompt via SAT or Inads and IP - no ports avail 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

SignalCorpNCO

IS-IT--Management
Sep 27, 2005
US
I can't seem to get a Login Prompt via SAT or Inads and via IP - no ports avail. It's a G3si V9.5. Any suggestions? Thanks in advance.

How many people are logged in already?

We had a problem on our G3r 9.5 called login blackout (I think that's what it's called). Over time it would allow fewer simultaneous logins until you could only have one person logged in at a time. Avaya had to put a patch on to fix the problem.

Hope that helps.

The G3 can only handle 5 logins at one time. If the terminal is powered on that counts as one even if it is not logged in. I had a simmilar problem once. But there was no one logged into the G3. A reboot solved my problem.

If you have someone that is logged in, they can do a "reset log X" to free up some in use ports.

We have a def G3si running 11.2. We are having the same problem. Is your system duplicated?? We are duplicated in an MCC cabinet. When we dial in the modem connects but no login prompt appears.... does this sound familiar?? When we go out onsite the SAT is in the same state 50% of the time ( no login prompt ). If we do a spe interchange or reboot it temporarily fixes the problem but it returns. Not immediately. We have noticed it happens after it does the scheduled interchange to SPE-A. One time it took three weeks before it locked up again, the next time the same day, the next time 3 days. We have a current ticket open with Avaya if you learn anything or or figure anything out post a response and I will do the same...

CTR999 what was the patch that got loaded???

reid

Reid,

Thanks for your post. I think I'm definately having the same problem as you. I will pose the patch info to Avaya the next time it occurs. Thanks again.

KG

just heard from tier 2 Avaya... there is a Tier 3 installable patch it is patch #7533...

reid

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back