Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Cant find fileserver on Aloha. Windows server 2003 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

dmagnerdds

IS-IT--Management
Aug 7, 2008
US
using aloha ver v5.2.8.224
was on an nt system. The hard drive crashed.
When i opened the computer there were two drives. C&D
Luckily the drive D had all the restaurant data.
the front office is running on emergency mode. i now have aloha manager running on the back office. my problem is i cant get the front to get off of the emergency mode and recognise the fileserver. ive read all of the posts on this forum about the file server issues and i have followed them and still have no luck.

my question is how does the workstations recognise the server. what program is supposed to be running on the server that the workstations see? CTLSERVER is running on the server but i am doing something wrong. the dongle is working properly. i found a driver for the card. do i need an updated version of ctlserver? the edc seems to be working i can settle the batch at the end of the day from the server. since i am starting from scratch and i dont have the aloha cd how do i know that everything is fine..

another question. how do i define the environment variable for the file server? where is this done?

i know nothing about aloha. my first experience with this program was two days ago. the permissions are correct. the workstations when i map them to drive z as soon as they are restarted they default back to the local workstation on the emergency mode. what program is running that makes them do this?

ive followed all of the suggestions in the forum. the only thing i cant seem to implement is the environment variables. where is this done and what are the settings i use?

in aloha manager under utility there is a setting that says recover file server. when i click this NOTHING happens. what is supposed to happen? please guys any and all help will be greatly appreciated.

You should have a pair of file called Register and Unregister. Unregister and re-register the server and try to start the service again.

tried that multiple times
does not work
and since i did the environment stuff ctlsvr does not work
any suggestions??
was the batch file i posted what im supposed to be using??

dma*
When I first said this would be easy as the 1st post responding to you way back, I didn't realize that basically you're installing a new c: drive and have no program cd to install.

I can't imagine in todays software environment trying to copy data to a program drive and try and plug in registry entries, services, etc. You need to do an install.

I really think you need to get an installation cd, somehow. If you have a hasp and license you should be privy to the software. There's plenty of worthless Aloha software floating around out there (I say worthless cause it is withou hasp and license).

If you don't have access to the software, there is probably a reason for it. If you paid for it, and have a legitimate claim to it, then acquiring it should be no problem.

Give your dealer lots of money for many years and you get all the Aloha software you want, including broken upgrades.

What is this forum getting retarded?
Why not just answer posts respectfully.
If you like to take cheap shots there are plenty of penny stock boards out there.
Yes, I get all the program CD's I need, why not I paid for them. And yes, there are some serious flaws in v6.
v5 worked great, v6 is broken.
Radiant has been trying to fix these issues for 4 months, some very severe such as corrupted (permanently) mdb file, inability to split off credit cards, checks disappearing when manager gets check, FB interface crashes if address fields exceed 19 characters, 80% of all FB dob's lost, and more...but now we're way off topic, aren't we? lol to u2

I'm sorry. I didn't know exactly what you meant by broken upgrades. We have had no major problems with our Aloha v6 system.

I apologize for not answering posts respectfully.

This forum is very helpful to me. Thank you to everyone who has helped me! I greatly appreciate it.

I have many large restaurants running v6+ with none of the issues you mentioned.

to respond to rosemary
you usually dont get the cd even if you are paying your support fees on time.

its really crappy how aloha conducts their business

I find that this forum is very helpful. I learned a lot from the post. Also want to know why i can't download the Table Service upgrade from an ftp site? I know that dealer had this access but if i dont sell radiant stuff why im not able to download software upgrade even if a pay radiant the future software upgrade to the hasp key? I dont want to pay for a support fee of my dealer since the support is very bad.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back