Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Can't dial 7 digits to ACDN

Status
Not open for further replies.

gary454

Programmer
Dec 11, 2006
US
Hi all, I'm having a problem dialing an ACDN. When I dial from an extension, I can dial 4 digits and everything works ok. When I dial the ACDN from outside, 7 digits, I go to a fast busy. What do I look for???

is the 7 digit dn within your did group?

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

your provider is normally sending 4 digits.. so to assign a did to a 7 digit dn, you need to add it to your idc table.. (ld 49)

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

1 - is CDN in DID range?

2 - Is there an IDC table built that could be interfering?

3 - Turn on DCH messages for incoming route - are you seeing incoming call setup?

Sorry guys, but I'm a little lost. I see the incoming call setup. The called # is 105and the extension. I have no idea how to access the IDC table.

Have you built the ACD as 7 digit or 4 digit?
Usually this is 4 digit in the U.S. as that is usually what the telco sends you. (last 4 digits of dialed number) I assume it is 4 digits as you say you can dial it internally - but I want to be sure.

LD 49 will allow you to list your IDC tables to see if this number is in there. IDC tables allow you to dial one number from outside (example - 123-4567) but have it dial a different internal extension (example - 4567 translates to ext 6789)

you have sigo=esn5 turned on in the rdb at the sending end. This sounds like a tie route not a pstn route. as far as the 105 goes, I don't remember what the 10 means, but 5 means the traveling ncos of the caller.

i agree with wane47, change the sigo to std and try

I changed the sigo to std...same problem. I contacted the vendor to help. Thanks for your help.

You write the called number is "105and the extension"

At what point do you dial 105and the extension?

105 isn't the start of a telephone number so can we assume you are trying to dial this via a voice service/voice menu/auto attendant?

If so, I'd bet the problem is at the menu/auto-attendant?

[©] GHTROUT.com [⇔] Resources for Nortel Meridian/CS1000 System Administrators - You Can Hire Me Too

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back