Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Cant connect to IP500

Status
Not open for further replies.

telcorookie

Technical User
May 21, 2009
Hi all, i have a IP500 i cannot connect to. Lan port does not link up at all, connected RS232 up and in term serv its not showing up with anything at all. the back of the ip 500 the cpu and c/f is blinking. Any suggestions please

You could go for the reset button, not sure if it would help or not in this case, don't forget holding it down for different lengths of time does different things to it, but there has been a few 500's with dodgy LAN ports around :)

ACS - IP Office Implement

"What the Crocodile Hat....was that?

I would go for the 10 - 30 sec option first :)

Reset not working at all.. Darnit.. No response from unit at all. Guess i have to send it back for replacement.

What do you see on the front blinking ?

ACS IP Office
APSS IP Office
ACA - Implement IP Telephony -- ACA - Design IP Telephony
APSS UC
ACA - Voice Services Management

All i have installed is a 8 port digi card. With a 4 port trunk daughter card. Port 1 is solid red, port 9 is solid red.

Then if is fried.

If the first led is solid red then there is an error.

ACS IP Office
APSS IP Office
ACA - Implement IP Telephony -- ACA - Design IP Telephony
APSS UC
ACA - Voice Services Management

Before you do go for the 30-40 secong complete wipe using the Reset button, then try watching the TFTP log so you can create a BootP entry for it to bring it back from the dead :)

Well i appriciate the quick responses. Thank you very much. I have tried the Reset etc.. etc.. and front lite 1 stays solid red.

No probs, since release I think we have had maybe 5 DOA's take that up to the first year a total of 12 have gone bang but mainly power supplies :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back