Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Can't call 844 numbers 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

zigmo36

Technical User
Oct 19, 2009
US
We've got a Nortel CS1000M, and we can call 800, 877, 866, etc. numbers, but we get errors when we try to dial an 844 number. All toll-free area codes are configured the same: RLI=6. Anybody got any ideas?

Thanks very much for your consideration, and have a terrific day!

zigmo36

Sounds like a carrier issue if you have checked your RLI and its the same.

JohnThePhoneGuy

"If I can't fix it, it's not broke!

Make sure 844 is in LD90 either as a SPN or NPA

OLD ROLMEN WORKING ON NORTELS AND AVAYA

I get a recording that says, "this is a trouble intercept for testing purposes only". I've seen that before, or rather, heard that before, but I don't remember specifics. We have a Shoretel system that we're slowly migrating to with VOIP phones, which goes out through the same T-1 circuits, and it's able to call two numbers under the 844 area code fine. Puzzling!

Thanks again,

zigmo36

So the Shoretel is tied to the CS1K and they both use the same T-1 for outbound calls and the Shoretel works? I would print out SPN 1800 and then SPN 1844 and see how they look

KC, I tried printing out the SPN's for 1800 and 1844, and they don't exist. ESN071

Yeah, they're built as NPA's, RLI=6 for both.

Makes no sense that one works and the other doesn't if they are pointed to the same RLI. Has to be a carrier issue.

I'm thinking there must be something in our Nortel PBX that's keeping us from being able to call numbers under the 844 toll-free area code, because our Shoretel VOIP system can call those numbers just fine. Where Would that be in the NARS and BARS, does anybody know?

Again, thanks for your consideration, and God bless you!

zigmo36

Post a print out of the an NPA that works and the one that doesn't and also post the RLI. You said it was RLI 6 for both, right

Keep in mind also that the Shoretel is using the BARS programming out of the Nortel, right?

NPA 1866
RLI 6
SDRR None
ITEI None

NPA 1844
RLI 6
SDRR None
ITEI None

I tried to print out the rdb = 6 in LD 21, and got an error that says that route does not exist. Huh?

You need to print out RLI 6 in LD 86

req prt
type rlb
rli 6

We do have an ADTRAN device that our T-1 circuits run through, this was installed when the new VOIP system was installed. The Shoretel system wouldn't work without it.

Adtran makes all kinds of products. I would have no idea what it would be for. Could be a CSU/DSU or some kind of concentrator or router, who knows. The fact remains you have 1 toll free exchange you cant call but it would appear that the programming for one that works and one that doesn't are identical.

RLI 6
ENTR 0
LTER NO
ROUT 11
TOD 0 ON 1 ON 2 ON 3 ON
4 ON 5 ON 6 ON 7 ON
CNV NO
EXP NO
FRL 3
DMI 0
FCI 0
FSNI 0
SBDC NRR
CBQ YES

ISET 1
NALT 5
MFRL 0
OVLL 0

So the toll free calls are pointed to route 11 and you would need to be an NCOS of 3 or higher to make the call. Is the set you are trying this from an NCOS 3 or higher?

Yes sir, the NCOS is 5 for that particular phone.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back