Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Can't access Server Manager on MiVB 9.1 PR1

Status
Not open for further replies.

WobblyHeadBob

Technical User
Nov 5, 2014
US
I can’t access the Server Manager. I have ensured that both:

Enable access to Server Manager is set to YES

And the user authorization profile has server manager set to “TRUE”

When I log out of System Administration, then select “Server Manager” I immediately get: “You are not authorized to access this area.”

Am I missing something? Does it require a reset or does it require me to wait a certain amount of time?

I have also reset the system, and created a new user with access and got the same result.

Also tried Putty to access controller IP address and SSH.... attempted to login using the same credentials and "Access denied

Figured it out... it was in the THB.

Username is admin and password is the password of a root level user. "System Administration" help files did not indicate this and I had to dig elsewhere.

Also I believe now if you want to give a user access to server manager they must exist as a user in both ESM and server-manager.

@Sarond - that only applies of you have "Enable access to Server Manager = YES" in Shares System Options Form.
You can then associate Server Manager to the User Profile in the "User Authorization Profiles" form.

Clever men learns what Wise men shares!

@Valamagules
Thanks, although I didn't explain it well that's what I meant.
If you want to give an ESM user access to server-manager, without having to know the admin password.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back