Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Can't access Rolm SE Mail

Status
Not open for further replies.

mushrog

Technical User
Feb 18, 2008
US
Have tried two different laptops both with Hyper Term and ProCom. Both set for 1200 8 N 1 and 9600 8 N 1. See them hit the external modem, it answers, but never get a login of any kind, just a blank screen.

Have hit enter key multiple times, no help. Have hit ctrl+q also no help.

Any ideas?

mushrog...have you tried hitting Ctrl+R ?

no problems only solutions

strmwalker

Have you been on site and plugged into the port with your laptop to see if you can talk to it from there, you may need a nul modem adapter to do so.

OLD ROLMEN WORKING ON NORTELS

Have not tried cntrl-R, will do that next time on site.

There is a cord, but I get nothing when I try it. The former tech, whom the customer doesn't want to see again, said it worked. I have had no luck. I am a retired AT&T/Lucent tech, so I am in new territory.

Mushrog

DID YOU TRY IT WITH A NUL MODEM ADAPTER, THE 7651 USED A STRAIGHT THRU CABLE THEN THEY CHANGED IT WHEN THE 7653 CAME OUT TO A NUL MODEM CABLE

OLD ROLMEN WORKING ON NORTELS

BUT he is working on a PM SE...thats the 7655, not 7653 (which is the SP iirc) and what was the 7651?? Only PM boxes I know about are the 7652, 53, 54 (the original big rack mount box!) and the 7655.....
The SE is slightly different box as the 7655 was totally analog (designed for the 9200 and other switches needing analog only integration). The modem port may be locked...I'll have to dig into my 7655 docs to see what could be the fix...

7651 started out with 4.0 software, pre 286 processor

OLD ROLMEN WORKING ON NORTELS AND AVAYA

Hmmm, I remember V4..I was trained on that but our box was running 3.x at the time...We had the BIG rack mount box and it had the 286 cpu.......I never heard of a pre286 processor model..(I do remember upgrading the box from a 286 to 386 cpu/MB at V5.3 or 5.4???; whew!) Maybe that was the 7651...I sometimes get the 51 and 54 numbers mixed (damn lysdexia :) I haev 1 7655 SE, 1 7653SP and a SPS as well as a big box I got off ebay but got jipped...the company in Baton Rouge LA removed all the cards from the box...left the MB but that was it....BUT they left the SCSI HD in it...and thats all I really wanted....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back