Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Can't Access BCM Manager

Status
Not open for further replies.

backnine

Vendor
Jun 17, 2005
US
We have a BCM 400 with 3.7 software. The system is running well except the manager becomes unaccessable at times. After a reboot we can access the manager and call pilot but a few days later it will lock up again. We noticed DNS was enabled and immediately disabled that parameter and thought we fixed the problem but it locked up again after about two days. We are using Lan 1 for public IP and Lan 2 for the private IP. We are using Unified Messaging on Lan 2 and the IP phones are connecting to Lan 1. Are there any setting on our server that are in conflict wthi the BCM?

Has this BCM ever been upgraded .If it has it is probably the Base function tray. And your vendor can get it replaced.

I had a BCM1000 3.6 that the only problem was Unified Manager was slow and it got worse until you couldn't get in at all. I reset the system and the hard drive crashed. Replaced the HD and all is well.

SHK Certified (School of Hard Knocks)

It does lose acces to voice mail management but the voice mail still works to leave messages but not desk top messaging.

It will either be the base funtion tray.. (look for the green leaking dioads around the processor..) or it will be the hard drive... get a backup if u can or already have one

I had the same problem on 2 different BCMs. It was the base functiion tray on both. Luckily, this is a known issue and we were able to get the hardware replaces for free :) Still had to pay for service :-(

Where are the diods on the processor and what is meant by (look for the green leaking dioads around the processor..)

Look for green capacitors. When you open the BCM they are by the CPU fan.

SHK Certified (School of Hard Knocks)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back