Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Cannot transfer a call to attendant console. Call gets redirected.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrBee19

Technical User
Oct 6, 2010
CA
Hello all,

Here's the situation. In our hotel, from any phone, we can dial the extension of our attendant console phone and we would get the front desk agent. However, if I am on the phone with somebody and I try and transfer the call to the attendant console, it somehow loops back to our Switchboard operator instead. This is very confusing and has left us looking for answers.

Again, if I just pick up the phone and dial x2901, it goes to the attendant console at the Front Desk. If I am on the phone with somebody, if either them or I transfer the call to the attendant console phone, it gets transferred to our Switchboard operator (x4499).

Sorry if I haven't provided much info, but please ask what info you would require to help troubleshoot and I will see to get it posted here!

Thanks for your help!

Matt

CompTIA A+
CompTIA Network+

What kind of phones are these you are trying to transfer to? Is your Attendant Console a 2250 Console? You mention Attendant Console and Switchboard Operator. Please describe what these devices are. Usually Attendant Console and Switchboard Operator are one in the same.

More than likely your room phones have XFD in the Class instead of XFA. Typically you don't want room phone's transferring calls and if transfer is denied it will default to the Attendant Console so the call isn't dropped.

Hi KCFLHTK,

Sorry, yes the attendant console we are trying to transfer too is a 2250. The Switchboard phone in which teh calls gets redirected to is a M3905.

CompTIA A+
CompTIA Network+

So you don't use "0" for the attendant console, you use 2901, right? Is 2901 defined as the Attendant DN in the Customer Data Block? Could the console possibly be in night mode? Is 4499 the Night DN ? Just trying to figure what is exactly going on. Is the phone you are transferring from an analog phone or digital? If analog is there XFA in the class of service?

Yes we actually do use 0 for the attendant console. Here's the scoop, we have two hotels (same owner) joined together and we use one phone system. So whenever people around the hotel (employees) or guests in our hotel dial 0, it goes to our main hotel switchboard operator. The 2nd hotel and where the attendant console is that we cannot transfer too, is our adjoining Best Western. In this case, I cannot transfer somebody or myself be transferred to the 2901 attendant (which are all digital sets being used in the process). The only analog phones are the ones in guest rooms.

Keep asking questions and I will answer them as best as I can. I appreciate the help.

CompTIA A+
CompTIA Network+

Let me just add too that its not guests trying to transfer (they cannot). The only time this happens is when employees try to transfer which again is on digital sets.

CompTIA A+
CompTIA Network+

Is this a new problem or something that has always been there? How are you doing the transfer? It should be transfer button, dial 2901, then transfer button again. Is that how you are doing it?

We did some configuration changes two weeks ago and now somebody has noticed this problem. The goal is to have our Switchboard operator act as the "Front Desk" for both hotels to avoid so many calls coming into our BW desk when the agent is by themself and trying to do check-ins, etc.

If I am on the phone with my operator, she'll press the Transfer button the M3905 set, dial the number x2901, then press Connect to connect me. On my end I hear it ringing, but on her phone, she sees the call come right back to her queue.

So to answer your question about how to transfer, yes that is how we are doing it!

CompTIA A+
CompTIA Network+

It sounds like you are trying to transfer an ACD call, is that correct?

Not necessarily. If I am sitting at my desk in my office, I pick up the phone and call another associate, then transfer them over to the Front Desk, it still occurs. We thought at first it might be ACD related since our switchboard operate has an ACD phone set up.

CompTIA A+
CompTIA Network+

I'm out of suggestions. If you can provide a print out of the phones in question that might point me in the right direction.

What happens if you just dial x-2901? Can you call it and talk to them. This is your 2250 console, right? Is 2901 your ATDN?

Do you use tennant service? Look at a tn. There will be a prompt TEN if you do.

KCFLHTK, If I just dial x2901, I get the Front Desk no problem and can talk to them. That's correct, dialing x2901 dials and calls the 2250 console at the FD. ATDN stands for what again?

RickyPone, yes we use tennant service.

CompTIA A+
CompTIA Network+

ATDN is the Attendant DN defined in the CDB. If you can call it then I don't see why you cant transfer to it. Maybe it is something to do with the tenant service.

Look at the ten prompt for the phones then. If it is different than another set then change it. The switch uses the ten prompt to know which operator you are trying to call. Ld 93 will tell you which operator is 1,2, and so on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back