Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Cannot SFTP from UCM module to Contact Store 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

jlk53

Technical User
Mar 22, 2005
US
I have a IPO R9 with a UCM module. Setting up Contact Store on another server. Have FreeFTPd installed on server. If I go onto my UCM module at the root level, I can SFTP and login to the FreeFTD client. If I go on to thru the Voicemail Pro client/General/Voicemail Recording and do the Test FTD, I get "Test to remote Server failed". At a loss. Any help would be appreciated.

does free ftpd have any diagnostic logs you can check?

A Maintenance contract is essential, not a Luxury.
Do things on the cheap & it will cost you dear

Try this;

Used Solar winds SFTP Server on the same machine that Contact store installed
1. When installing Solar winds, It creates a default folder C:\SFTP_Root
2. Within this directory of C:\SFTP_Root, create another folder VRL
3. In the Voicemail Recording tab under FTP location use VRL .
VRL – Yes
C:\VRL – No
C:\SFTP_Root – No
\ - No

Create and set a registry key on the ContactStore server to tell ContactStore the location of the share. Set
the key HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Network Alchemy\Voicemail\Directories\VRLDir to
be a string containing the name of the share.
4. Modify regedit setting to point to C:\SFTP_Root\VRL

Avaya_Red.gif

Dain Bramaged (Avaya Search tool )

Sorry for the late reply but away for a few days. Thanks for suggestions. Tried Solarwinds with no difference. As for logging, I do not see any logs so issue may lie in customer's LAN. I have turned it over to them to investigate.
One thought: Wondering if anyone has Contact Store 7_8_16 working with IPO and UCM 9.0. The tech. spec. says it should but you never know.

I have tried everything suggested with no luck. I have it running on 8.1 with no problem but cannot get the "test connection" in Voicemail Recording to work at all. Does anyone have this working on R9?

I don't have an answer that will fix this problem yet, but I can get you closer to the finish. The SFTP server is broken in VMPro release 9.

Try deleting the files from the VRL folder and starting afresh.
1: Upgrade to release 9.0.22 (808)
2: Reimage UC110 to current release

Then try these activities for two more hours of head smashing fun:

The fix will be included in Q2 2014

Hereafter the procedure to address the transfer of recording issue with UCM on r9

There are 4 problems which affect SFTP connections from the UCM card:

1. There’s a key step missing from the KB manuals on how to accept SFTP certificates on a Linux platform. The following Solution details the process:
[URL unfurl="true"]https://support.avaya.com/kb/ext/SOLN220618[/url]

2. There is a missing rpm package in the 9.0 UCM image. This can be solved by manually installing the rpm package. The package is attached to this email

Procedure:

a) Unzip the attached file “pexpect-2.3-6.el6.noarch.rpm” and copy into the /Home/Administrator directory on the UCM.
b) Using Putty or other SSH client, open a root prompt and navigate to the /Home/Administrator directory.
c) Type “rpm -ivh pexpect-2.3-6.el6.noarch.rpm” to install the package.

3. Test Connection utility in the VMPro client produces an error on 9.0. This can be worked around by changing the VRL SFTP timeout value as follows:

- With root access navigate to /etc/vmpro_settings.ini
- Change the value of VRLSFTPTIMEOUTS from 60 to 20.

4. The instructions for the “absolute” path required for the remote SFTP location are not clear. The path needs to be in the following format:

/recordings

Where the folder is C:\recordings on the machine with the SFTP server running on it.

putty command:

root {UC110}> sftp vmpro@192.168.1.254 will open an sftp session with your sftp server.
(Where vmpro is the username of your sftp server and 192.169.1.254 is the IP address of your SFTP server)

I will post more developments as they come to hand.

Many many thanks. At least I have an answer. Please do keep me updated.

FYI, I have had a case opened with Avaya for over 3 weeks and this has never been mentioned. Also have made zero progress with their "help".

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back