Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

cannot leave message at Reception when in Night Service 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

brotech

Technical User
Jun 29, 2011
CA
Strange issue...sometime over the past month this issue seemed to come up. Callers are unable to leave a message for the receptionist (ext 201) while IPO is in Night Service. When they caller presses 0 they get the AA greeting repeated. If you take the IPO out of Night Service and call in the Reception set will ring 4X, forward to the AA and allow you to leave a message with the Receptionist.
There has been no program changes at this site in months....issue just seemed to come out of nowhere!! Any thoughts?

sorry I should have mentioned that it is embedded

Check the SSA and see the control unit audit, it might show something that was forgotten as far as changes. You could also try a reboot to see if that helps.

Thanks Teletechman...I was seriously thinking on a reboot while I was onsite.....but system was pretty busy today.

Where does 0 point to in the Night AA? It reads like it's connected to replay menu options rather than normal transfer.
Having said that, Embedded can be a pain, and a reboot almost never hurts anything!

ACIS-SME
ACSS-SME
ASPS-IPOCC
CCNA

IDOIPO
get a star for stating the reboot facts.
It almost never hurts :)

Joe W.

FHandw, ACSS (SME)

"This is the end of the world, make sure to buy your T-shirt before it is too late"
Original expression of my daughter

well 6 months later the issue has not resolved itself...tried the reboot... no change!!

I didn't originally program the system, however I can tell you there is no Night Service AA. I believe the Main Answer sets get forwarded "forward unconditional"....but not sure to where. I tried to find out by using the Sys Monitor...it came back with an error saying "Unable to Connect-Invalid Password"

That said there is an extension 240 set up called Phantom Day, which appears in a Group 231 under Delayed AA. Not sure how these all tie together....a puzzle for sure.
Since the caller is able to leave a message with receptionist prior to the set being forwarded; means the method of forwarding is likely not the best way to get the set not to ring and the Auto Attendant to pick up immediately. Should this have been set up differently from the get-go??

Thanks in advance

Can you post a config and we should be able to figure out what wrong

Reception shouldn't be forwarding the calls to the attendant. That button should be

Action: Set hunt group Night Service
Action Data should be 230

This will send the calls directly to the auto-attendant...and not forward the x201 to x240 (which is the AA).

Because you are forwarding x201 to x240 any 0-outs to x201 will forward to x240. x240 is the AA so the caller just hears a loop.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back