Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Cannot dial Softphone DN from remote location

Status
Not open for further replies.

Frankenherder

IS-IT--Management
Jun 11, 2003
CA
thread1361-1550216

Soooo, this problem seems to come and go. Working from home today and the same problem.
People from our warehouse (where I work) call 5226 and my 2050 rings at my house fine.

People at our head office call me at 5226 and my phone rings at my desk. The DN on my softphone does not ring. people dial the DN of my soft phone and it just goes to reception at the reveiving side.

Any more ideas? Someone mentioned setting up a terget line a the receiving side form y soft DN?
Matt

How is the head office connected to the warehouse, by a vpn, p to p, or what? Same system at both locations or does each have it's own system?

we have a wireless bridge between the 2 lcoations. Each location is on the same subnet. The 2 BCM's are connected via VOIP.

Matt

I tried hot desking but cannot get it to work. My main extension at my desk is x5226. The phone is a M7310.

My soft phone is an i2050 and shows up as DN 5456.

Does hot desking only work from IP phone to IP phone?

Matt

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back