Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Cannot Call Outisde

Status
Not open for further replies.

MP2023

Technical User
Sep 10, 2023
SA
Incoming and outgoing calls are connected to my SIP trunk. I am currently getting calls from an outside number. However, when I try to call someone from my extension to a landline or a mobile number, Waiting for the line message appears on the screen.

In order of things to check first:
[ul]
[li]Is your SIP URI configured to have the correct Outgoing Group?[/li]
[li]Do you have a shortcode pointing to an ARS configured to direct these calls out of the configured Outgoing Group?[/li]
[li]Can you see in Status (File -> Advanced -> System Status) that the outgoing call is ever hitting the SIP trunk, even for a second?[/li]
[li]If you open the Monitor application, can you see SIP INVITE requests going outbound to your upstream SIP server?[/li]
[/ul]

WhatsApp_Image_2023-09-09_at_5.01.58_PM_yjqrr4.jpg
WhatsApp_Image_2023-09-09_at_5.01.58_PM_1_szhlou.jpg
WhatsApp_Image_2023-09-09_at_5.01.59_PM_enodnz.jpg
WhatsApp_Image_2023-09-09_at_5.02.00_PM_zya5wj.jpg

https://files.engineering.com/getfile.aspx?folder=ad03530d-3e08-45d4-b356-26bfdb597960&file=WhatsApp_Image_2023-09-09_at_5.01.59_PM.jpeg
This looks a little different to what I'm used to, however I am new to this myself, forgive me! What version are you running?

Two of the errors in the list regarding both of your trunks containing invalid characters is concerning, however this may or may not be IP Office getting overexcited considering your inbound calls do work.

Where you have Call Details I am used to seeing SIP URI. Can you show the Call Details page? I would assume that's the equivalent on whatever version you are on.

You have the ARS set to 22. Unless this is correct in your verson, this is not how that usually works. The line number and the group numbers are usually different

I also haven't seen an IP address in an ARS before, though that might be my experience lacking, I haven't needed one for a simple two way SIP trunk

From can i get the Call Details Page .

Can you please send me which way i should configure the ARS and the sip trunks .

So for my system, I have a SIP trunk which looks like so:

st1_hny8rj.jpg

st2_sfe4ne.jpg

st3_cqmoua.jpg

st4_e6yenq.jpg

The Short Code looks like so:

st5_eycuxl.jpg

The ARS like so:

st6_wosktz.jpg

The ISP provider has given us TWO IP addresses, a domain, and a SIP server IP. In my case for the ITSP domain, what would be .

I do not have a setup like this to test with, but I would imagine you use the IP for everything except ITSP Domain Name, in which I would expect to place the domain. It depends on what instructions your ISP has given you

Let me check ? DNS should be the IP of ISP

8.8.8.8/8.8.4.4 Google. Or an internal DNS on the company network.

On your ARS table.
Try N;/N/LG
You shouldn't need the IP address of the provider.

If you go to a user you have been testing with and go to their SIP tab (User>Select your user>SIP), what information do you have?

The tab you need to check is the SIP URI tab. On ahorners example there is the column labeled Groups. His is programmed to be 0 for incoming and 1 for out going. The 1 matches his ARS line group. You LG is set to 22. Make sure the SIP URI groups match.

Dermis and feline can be divorced by manifold methods.*
*(Disclaimer for all advise given)--'Version Dependent'

@budbyrd Caught red handed! You weren't meant to see that bit! If you look at the lower part of that screenshot, you'll see I edited them both to be 1s to match the usecase being asked about. My system is a little more complex and has the incoming and outgoing separated, which wasn't meant to be shown in my example! [tongue]

The OP never posted a shot of the line groups. If you can get incoming but not outgoing it sounds like a LG issue.

Dermis and feline can be divorced by manifold methods.*
*(Disclaimer for all advise given)--'Version Dependent'

Could be a couple of things.
What do have in System/Lan/Network Topology?

Also, the users need to have the SIP field configured properly or SIP providers will reject the call.

Check under Users/(edit User)/SIP
SIP Name = A 10 digit phone number <- Very important.
Display Name = What you want displayed on the called party phone.
Contact= Your extension Number

Hint.
If you open up System Status and trace the outbound trunk, place a call. See what number is bing passed to the SIP Provider. If it's not a full 10 digit number the call will fail.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back