Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Cannot add new SPN 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

toptater

MIS
Feb 18, 2002
US
Option 11c...
Trying to add 866 toll-free in LD 90 gives me an error ESN072. I printed all the SPNs and they include 1800 and 1888 with RLI 5. What am I doing wrong?

Because 866 does not have to be an SPN, it could possibly already be built as a regular NPA. You can try to print NPA 1866 or you may have to print all of the NPA's just in case the NPA is built out beyond 1866, for example: 18660,18661,18662 etc. Hope this helps.

Thanks, MrPederman...I could not add it as SPN either. It is in there as NXX and I tried outing the NXX and adding it either as SPN or NPA but still get the error. If I find the solution I'll post it.

try adding 1866 as a spn or as a npa. 866 can be a nxx but i haven't seen one used for that

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

ESN072 states NPA, NXX already exists. What happens when you dial 9-1-866?

You can also look at all of your SPN's (In case someone shortened it) by doing:

LD 90
PRT
NET
AC1
SPN
enter past SPN. It will print all of them. See if there is a 186 entry

OR

LD 90
PRT
NET
NPA
18 (OR 186 if 18 gives an error)

might be the answer Mc.. never think that, if a shorter form is there, i wouldn't have tried to add it, under the if it ain't broke don't fix it rule..

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

McGruff743...You hit the nail on the head. I found a NPA of 186..took it out and added 1866 and got no error. Called the school and had them test the number they needed to call and it went thru...thanks!!

The only challenge with taking 186 out and putting in 1866 is you just lost access to:

1860 to Connecticut
1862 to New Jersey
1863 to Florida
1864 to South Carolina
1865 to Tennessee
1867 to Yukon and Northwest Territories
1868 to Trinidad and Tobago
1869 to St Kitts and Nevis

If they never call those areas then you are fine. Just wanted you to be aware of this if you haven't manually put these back in.

Mike

thats two good catches on one post Mc.. i could give up the 864 (works, area code) but i may need Tobago

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back