Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Cannot access remote branch over IP link

Status
Not open for further replies.

bakeacake

Programmer
May 2, 2005
NZ
I have two sites. I can dial between sites over a IP link and talk fine.

I cannot however use Phonemanager or Manager or Call status to read the remote switch.

It also responds fine to ICMP as well.

SCN is turned on. Routing is fine as I can ping the two switchs.

Where else could there be a problem?

Thanks guys

When using manager, have you specified the IP address to look for and open a config (Under File>Preferences). Also do you have the default firewall still in the IPO's, If so then delete and save and merge and try again. Are you going through a firewall?, if so have you ensured that the correct ports are open otherwise Phonemanager may very well fail

Yes specifed the correct IP.
No, not going through a firewall only through 2 x cisco routers (managed by Telecom NZ). (took the Firewall out of the equation)

puzzled as me yet? :)

Passwords the same at all sites? Are you sure you are just not a bit silly in the head James??? Or did hau sit on the IPO before you installed it???

Soopa Doopa Intergalactic IP Office installation mechanic and configuration corruptor from way back.

I would assume that the ciscos are blocking your path as you can ping etc...call the Telecom data guys they are pretty good value if you get them on a good day. Can you ping the specific ports that the apps use???

Soopa Doopa Intergalactic IP Office installation mechanic and configuration corruptor from way back.

Guys,

normally if no BLF information is not seen across an IP ink it will always be down to the ports that this runs on being blocked by some firewall, allbeit in a dsl router or switch etc...

ensure that the hardeware from point a to b has the port for the blf inforamtion for the ipo port 1765 opened..

[lightsaber]

That what I have come to, Try telling Telecom that :)

And IPAlot, no Hau has not been near it ;)

(But I think the customer has been fiddling, as the remote manger was up the ****)

Good boy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back