Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Cancelled Restore Hangs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Valerian

IS-IT--Management
Apr 17, 2002
AU
I had to restore a file so I started through the Wizard (Backup Exec 8.0 on Win 2000 SBS) and it asked for a tape that has already been removed from the premises. I decided to try a different date and so cancelled the first restore and set up a second. Now the second can't run until the first finishes. The first task is still sitting in the Activity monitor counting seconds, waiting for the tape to be inserted, which I can't do. Does anyone have any idea what I can do to get rid of the first job? :(

Try stopping & restarting the backup exec services. That will kill any jobs running or still pending.

Thanks Rols. I did try that after seeing that suggestion on another problem re: restore. Unfortunately, it won't let me stop the Backup Job Engine and Backup Server services. It came back saying they were not responding to the Stop request. Any ideas?

Try shutting down and restarting your backup machine..blonde

The service will stop eventually, ie 10mins or so, if you get a utility called rkill, it allows you to kill any process. Just use taskmanager to get the PID and rkill ##.

Thank you. I did eventually get it stopped and the correct restore running. Thanks for your help, guys.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back