Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Can recorded announcements be pulled out from Embedded to relocate to VM Pro?

Status
Not open for further replies.

trinetintl

Vendor
Mar 15, 2010
US
I am helping a customer upgrade to VM Pro and I am trying to figure out how to pull two announcements for a queue that the customer recorded in an embedded IPO 500 V2 R9.1 to copy them to the new VM Pro installation. Is this possible? Some time ago I instructed the customer to record the announcements via the *91(2)N;/N".1(2)"/Record Message. The "System SD\Dynamic\LVMAIL\AAG" on the SD card is empty.

RE
APSS, AIPS

AAG folder is only for recordings you made outside of the IP office and then want to use. Those announcements would be in the \Dynamic\LVMAIL folder itself. As far as I know it is not possible to convert those .c11 files back to .wav. It is possible some third party program could do this but Avaya does not provide a tool to do this(that I know of). Sadly usually when you upgrade from embedded to voicemail pro you are stuck losing prompts and whatnot.

The truth is just an excuse for lack of imagination.

OK, I just needed to know. In the LVMAIL folder, I only see CLP files and I looked all over the SD card and I cannot find any file(s) dated 2018. I find that a bit odd because the announcements were recorded this year. I have seen .c11 files under the System\LVMAIL\ENG folder but the newest creation date is 2013. Thanks for the help!

RE
APSS, AIPS

LVMAIL\ENG is the system prompts not the record greetings. Those are System\DYNAMIC\LVMAIL. It should have all voicemail and all prompts in that folder. If you leave a new voicemail you should see it with todays date (unless the date is off in the system).

If you can find the files, I can convert them back to wav for you. If you have your own IP Office and can call in, use the Call Record feature (and mute your phone), and navigate to where the recordings are played. Edit in Audacity to get the wav files you need

Yes, I am aware that the LVMAIL\ENG host the system prompts, however that is the only place where I found the .c11 files. I logged out and then log back into the Embedded File Management and now I actually see a 7/5/2018 CLP file that I guess in US date format is 5/7/2018 which is today's date, the file was not there before, no .c11 files to be found under the SYSTEM\DYNAMIC tree structure. Anyway, I already told the customer that they need to re-record the announcements, thanks for the help.

RE
APSS, AIPS

Why not let the customer record it again? That saves you time.

BAZINGA!

I'm not insane, my mother had me tested!

Sorry .c11 is what you would put in the AAG folder .clp is what you would have from embedded voicemail.

Avaya do have a tool that coverts them for you, they just don't give it to end users/BPs. I have it, as do a few others, but it's not generally available :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back