Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Can not connect to Unified Manager after BIT Tool Imaging 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

skully1997

Programmer
Jun 3, 2006
can someone help me out please?
i reimaged a BCM 400 3.7 using the Nortel BIT Tool and the 3.7 imaging cd's. i was givin the BCM IMAGING COMPLETED screen when it was finished. i pulled the power cord to the BCM and disconnected the cd-rom, monitor, keyboard, and mouse. plugged the power back up and hyperterminaled into the BCM and performed a Universal Profile Initialization on the hard drive. during that process i was given the Region Initialization Menu to select a MSC Core upload, so i selected U.S. [MSC: Etiquette Modem: North America]. It did several reboots and i got services up according to the lights on the front of the BCM. all the lights looked like they should for a normal running system.

My problem is that i can not get to Unified Manager from web browser.
I can ping the machine just fine.
I can hyperterminal into it just fine.

Does anyone have any suggestions?

Check to see what verison of Java you are running. Try 1.4.2 and delete all others-if not needed.

skully1997, ask you a question, when you type in the bcm ip address in the IE, could get to the first page of Bcm, which give you those options of management, wizart, callpilot, bru,etc?

Always learn from someone, something and somewhere......
Michael C

MichaelCC, I was not able to get to the first page of the BCM until i rolled back the date and reimaged.

Hello, we had the same problem. We tested the MagnaRGP solution, and it's working fine (THANK YOU VERY MUCH, MagnaRGP).

We have Nortel BIT Tool refered NTAB9962. Do you have the same?
Someone know if exist a newer BIT's version?

Nortel has posted 2 documents for this issue:

Document:
BCM 3.7 Software Upgrade Timer Expiration
BULLETIN ID:2008008582, Rev 2
PUBLISHED 2008-01-29

And inside a Top Issues:
BCM / SRG / BCM50 Top Issues
BULLETIN ID: 2008008582, Rev 2
PUBLISHED: 2008-01-29

CR: Q01822414
RELEASE: BCM 3.6 and BCM 3.7

New bulletin out today:

BULLETIN ID: 2008008624, Rev 1
PUBLISHED: 2008-02-14

Background:
This bulletin is to inform our customers that there is an issue with BCM SSL certificate creation after or on the date of
01/28/2008. This makes Unified Manager inaccessible after performing an upgrade or platform initialization, including BIT
imaging.
Nortel is working toward a permanent solution. This bulletin includes steps to prevent the issue, as well as a workaround.
Analysis:
There is an issue with BCM SSL certificate creation after or on the date of 01/28/2008.
Impact: Unified Manager is inaccessible after performing an upgrade or platform initialization, including BIT imaging.
Recommendations:
PREVENTATIVE STEPS:
This process requires commandline access to the BCM to modifiy the date until the Upgrade (BCM 3.x to BCM 3.x) or
platform initialization process to prevent this condition:
TEMPORARY WORKAROUND:
This process assumes that the PC you are using has IP connectivity to the BCM. (You may need to access the
"configuration menu" via the serial connection to set the LAN IP address and Next Hop Router if required.
A zip file from our ftp server is required to resolve this issue which must be then be transfered to the BCM, and you will
need to be able to access the command line from your PC
For a document with complete list of steps, with screen shots, please access the attachment.

We have test the solution "Steps to take if you are already in a failure mode" of the bulletin "2008008624, Rev 1" and after follow the steps of guide, the UM is working fine.

Just to add. I had the same problem. I just com port in and entered the IP info. ( even though it was there ) and it worked fine after that.

Tim

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back