Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Can not connect to ip office...HELP!

Status
Not open for further replies.

weinmatt

IS-IT--Management
Dec 30, 2004
US
I have a client with an older ip403 running version 2.1 (15). It has been running stable for many many years.

The user just called saying they get a busy signal when calling into the voicemail. I checked and the services are running on the server.

I opened manager and typed in the Administrator user name and the default password.

I am getting an error saying "Failed to retrieve the configuration from IP Office. Please check that the user details are correct"

I have tried the Manager and Operator user names and got the same error.

Any ideas? I do have a good configuration saved on the server.

Thanks so much!

Try to hook up to the serial port and run the AT command to reset passwords for Administrator account. Maybe someone got in and changed the passwords by accident.

You cannot do this with DTE on such an old machine.
Only from 3.2 and higher.

Connect delta server to it and pull the config that way.
Then use a password revealer to see what the password is.

Homo sapiens non urinat in ventum

honey, i fried the IP Office !!!

Sarcasm, it's only one of the services I offer.

I also just had an IP403 where the voicemail stopped working. Turned out I needed to move the LAN port from 1 to 2 on the IP403. LAN port 1 must have died. Something to consider.

Eventhough VM services says they are running did u try to restart them?

I did try to restart the vm services. Strangly enough the client now reports its working.

So just can't get into manager now.

What is this password reveler program? Just an password program that exposes the password behind the ******?

Thanks.

I seem to remember one of the early 2.1 releases having an issue with TFTP requsts preventing logon with Manager. Varying amounts of reboots to the IPO required and then upgrade while it does work!!!

Jamie Green

Football is not a matter of life and death-It is far more important!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back