Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Can I change Report Designer Caption? 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

warik

Programmer
Jun 28, 2002
ID
Dear all,

When we make report, at the top left, it will be show something like this :

Report Desinger - reportfile.frx - Page 1 - My Program Name

Can I change that caption into my own Message, maybe only My Program Name ?

Thank's in advance.

WARIK,
I dont think so, that there is a way for achieving this from VFP. However, u need to create a DLL, from VC++. and u must go through this Article Provided by Microsoft.

SUMMARY
This article describes some windows attributes related to a Report Preview Window. The tasks described in this article are available as commands in Microsoft FoxPro version 2.6 for Windows as well as versions 3.0 and 3.0b. This article describes how to disable the Minimize and Maximize properties of the Report Preview window using API routines.

MORE INFORMATION
It is possible to control whether a Report Preview Window property can be changed. The minimize/maximize attributes can be controlled by using some API calls. In this article, the customized API routine was written using Microsoft Visual C++ 4.0 to change the attribute of Visual FoxPro Preview Window properties. As a default, the Visual FoxPro Report Preview Window can be minimized or maximized by pressing the upper right-hand corner of the preview window. Since the Report Preview Window is a system-generated window, you need to call API routines to handle the Preview Window property.

The following sample program illustrates the contents of the .DLL file written in Microsoft Visual C++ 4.0. It shows a way to change the attribute of Visual FoxPro Report Preview Window successfully through the Win32 SDK.

NOTE: This sample program illustrates many Microsoft Visual C++ commands. The use of these commands is beyond the scope of Microsoft FoxPro Product Support. Users with substantial experience using API routines should be able to write the following sample .DLL file. For this sample .DLL file to work, you need a .DEF file to export the disable function.

Sample Program (DLL)

#include <windows.h>

#define IDS_MEMVIEWCLASS 11005

BOOL APIENTRY DllMain(HANDLE hInst, DWORD ul_reason_being_called, LPVOID
lpReserved)
{
return 1;
UNREFERENCED_PARAMETER(hInst);
UNREFERENCED_PARAMETER(ul_reason_being_called);
UNREFERENCED_PARAMETER(lpReserved);
}

void APIENTRY disable(char *title, char *header)
{
HWND hWnd, // a handle for parent window
hChild; // a handle for child window

// attempt to find the parent window of report preview window
hWnd = FindWindow(NULL, title);

char title1[75];

// attempt to look for first child window
hChild = GetWindow(hWnd,GW_CHILD);
while (hChild != 0) {
hWnd = hChild;
// look for first sibling of child window
hChild = GetWindow(hWnd,GW_HWNDNEXT);
while (hChild != 0) {
hWnd = hChild;
GetWindowText(hWnd,title1,75);
if (strcmp(title1,header) == 0) {
DWORD L;
// disable minimize and maximize button of preview window
L = GetWindowLong(hChild, GWL_STYLE);
L = L & ~(WS_MINIMIZEBOX);
L = L & ~(WS_MAXIMIZEBOX);
SetWindowLong(hChild,GWL_STYLE,L);
// redraw the preview window
SetWindowPos(hChild,NULL,0,0,0,0,
SWP_DRAWFRAME|SWP_NOZORDER|SWP_NOMOVE|SWP_NOSIZE);
return;
}
hChild = GetWindow(hWnd,GW_HWNDNEXT);
}
hChild = GetWindow(hWnd,GW_CHILD);
}
return;
}

Sample Program (FoxPro)
REPORT FORM student PREVIEW NOWAIT
DECLARE integer disable IN disable.DLL string, string
FoxHWND = disable(&quot;Microsoft Visual FoxPro&quot;,;
&quot;Report Designer - student.frx - Page 1&quot;)

Sample Program (Notes)
To create a .DLL file in Visual C++, please refer to a Help file in Microsoft Visual C++ 4.0.
Make a note that the Disable.dll should be in the same directory as your project, or should be in the path of the Windows Win32 directory.

The API function needs two parameters. The first parameter is the main project window that is usually a Visual FoxPro window. The caption must be identical. The second parameter is the caption of preview window where you want to disable the minimize/maximize buttons. If, for any reason, the program does not work properly, you need to check the captions of those two windows prior to running the program.

Warik

If you talking about at runtime in the preview mode you can send you report to its own window (with the appropriate title):
Code:
oRepForm = CREATEOBJECT(&quot;Form&quot;)
WITH oRepForm
 .Caption = &quot;My Program Name&quot;
 .WindowState = 2  
 .Show()
ENDWITH
REPORT FORM myReport.frx PREVIEW WINDOW (oRepForm.Name)
oRepForm.Release()

Mike Gagnon

If you want to get the best response to a question, please check out FAQ184-2483 first.

Thank's Foxdevil and Mike, I think what Mike write is work for what I want, and It really clear to do that with VFP 5

Thank you very much Mike.

You're really a genius Mike!
A star for your post! :)

Medic

medic

You're really a genius Mike!

Genius? Not really, VFP does all the work. But thank you.

Mike Gagnon

If you want to get the best response to a question, please check out FAQ184-2483 first.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back