Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

calls ring multiple times before hitting extension

Status
Not open for further replies.

phoneguy610

Programmer
Apr 3, 2009
US
going onsite tomorrow to test but wanted to know if i was missing anything beforehand.

customer is complaining of callers having to wait for 6 or 7 rings before the phones ring

calls are all analog trunks that ring into a hunt group.

hunt group is set to collective
i have all analog trunks set to loop start (i removed clid)
and i upgraded them to 8.0(44)

anyone have any ideas of what else it could be ?

@cruzades... i have already done this as stated above

is it a local extn trunk? your trunk was came from another pbx's extn?

Sometimes analogue lines just suck. Customer could upgrade to ISDN2?

ACSS - SME
General Geek

1832163.png

Normally this issue is because the IPO is waiting for something off the lines and generally this is CLI information. If its taking a long time to be send down the line, then this issue will arise.

ACSS - SME
General Geek

1832163.png

But you have them set to Loop Start and not LS ICLID.

Try this:

· Long CLI Line: Default = Off
The CLI signal on some analog lines can become degraded and is not then correctly detected. If you are sure that CLI is being provided but not detected, selecting this option may resolve the problem.

ACSS - SME
General Geek

1832163.png

What sort of handsets?

Take Care

Matt
I have always wished that my computer would be as easy to use as my telephone.
My wish has come true. I no longer know how to use my telephone.

Believe me i have been trying to get these guys to switch to a PRI

They are recieving no clid info so I don't think the send long cli will work

And they have 1416 sets

i think it has something to do with the queing in the hunt group

i want to turn this off but am afraid of what it will do

they want calls to ring through always and never to be queued

am i on the right track?

R8 has had some issues with how it works with analog lines. I would first verify whether or not you are dealing with a programming issue or if it could be an analog line issue. Take queuing off if they don't want it. It should only be queuing the calls if the extensions in the group are all in use anyway. You may want to set the group to collective call waiting because if all users are on calls and you have queuing off, it will cover to voicemail.

If you have verified that the programming is not the issue:

Have you set Impedence match under the lines? This was not working correctly with some R8 release, but does with R8.0.44. Go under Lines, analogue options, and set impedence match by pressing start once (do this for each line one at a time). It will take 5-10 minutes for it to match the line and then you can accept the impedence it recommends. The line must be idle to run impedence match. To save, you need to reboot the system so make sure everyone has cleared the lines.

If you have run impedence match and it still has issues ringing in:

Adjust your gains under analogue lines. By default, the should both be set to 0db. If they are not, set them to 0db. If they are already set to 0, try setting each to -.5db. I have had success with this setting for calls being answered/recogized properly by the system. You again need to change this for each line. This is also a reboot save.

telecomboy-

i have done all of this already

i am starting to think the issue is more the queuing thing

i want to setup hunt group announcements

they have vmpro intuity

i know you have to setup a generic module to record the annoucement but does anyone know how to point the announcement to this

You don't need to, you just put the generic action in the groups "queued" or "still queued" start point :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back