Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Calls requeued to an ACD path.

Status
Not open for further replies.

DutchMark

Programmer
Jul 25, 2006
NL

Hi,

I’m running a cluster of MXe 6.0sp3 controllers and we start to use ACD paths.
After a call is waiting for 60 seconds and there are no agents available, the call will use his overflow timer, and will be transferred and answered by an ip attendant.
The IP 5550 console makes a blind transfer to the ACD path for a second try.
If the overflow timers expires for the second time the call is disconnected.

If a make an internal call to the acd path number, the call is disconnected after the first overflow timer.
Looks like a bug in the system, is there anyone else with the same issue.
Also had this problem on MCD 5.0 SP1.

I made a temporally workaround, by letting the ip console transfer to an external destination, that is transferred back to the queue. But this option cost call charge and will mess up the caller id.

Mark.

Small error in my post......
I use Interflow. Enabled it to a name tag huntgroup that is routed to a IP console softkey.

Found it already, the nametag hunt group had no alternative.
Interflow directy to the softkey solves the problem.

You should not have callers leave the queue after 1 minute and simply return them to the same queue.

They lose their priority.

At worst, you should have a separate path with a higher priority for those that wish to wait. Once they've decided to wait they should be allowed to wait longer.

Even better, you should allow then, using a rad, to choose to leave in the first place or do nothing to remain. This maintains their priority and everything else you might want for as long as the caller chooses to wait.

What's most important is that you realise ... There is no spoon.

kwbMitel has a better design. Setting up the dial out of queue feature on the RAD's allows callers to retain priority and choose whether they want to leave a queue or not. Your design gives them no choice and has them lose their priority. Your dial out of queue can go to the same attendant and they can transfer the call back but as kwbMitel says it would be better to transfer to a duplicate path with higher priority.

An apple a day keeps the doctor away. Anyone else and you need to throw it harder.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back