Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Calls going to wrong VM box???

Status
Not open for further replies.

clusterchuck

Programmer
Mar 27, 2003
US
MICS 6.0 w/ NAM 4.1.
Line 1 rings on sets 6100/Mbox1000, 6102/mbox6102, 6107/mbox6107, 6110/mbox6110. Gen delivery mbox supposed to pick up on 4 rings however.......
What happends is on 4 rings calls end up in mbox 6107???
Bumped 6107 up to 6 rings on no answer and calls then go to ext 6110???
What's up w/ that???

check fna, hunt and where the lines are primed to

Pat Guido
NEXTIRAONE
Pat.guido@nextiraone.com

Formerly Nextira, formerly Williams Communications, formerly Wiltel, formerly Nortel networks, formerly Northern Telecom, formerly, Nynex meridian systems formerly Northern Telecom.

All of the above check out ok (no hunt, FNA to VM on 4 rings for all sets, and prime set is 6100 for this line and the DID it overflows to???

You might mave a set someplace with an answer DN and it is FNA to Vmail.

MarvO said it

Don't know if you got your answer, but what about the old problem of : if you have a line appearance "ring" on more than one set (say line 1 appears and rings on sets 6102,6103,and 6104) and you have sets with extension numbers up thru 6115, and ALL of the sets have fwd/bsy set to the NrstrVm DN,that the call will land in the mailbox of the lowest idle port?

Quazitec is right there is a problem with line appearence with ringing on a Norstar voice mail.I do not understand why people are insisting on programming such a setup.Why not have the voice mail answering the calls and have all the sets programmed as line pools for outgoing calls and remove all lines appearence.I have discussed times and times again with some customers that wants everybody to answer when actually nobody does it.

Jaco235

I agree with Jaco 235. Thats my pet peeve dosen/t anyone have receptionist anymore. When companies put those dam line appearences on every dam phone it practically makes the KSU an analog system with multiple lines. The customers never learn how to use the system properly. Then when they grow to more lines you have to give basic training all over again, because the lines can no longer appear on the phones. Pisses me off. It's tough to teach an old dog new tricks.

Just venting
Kevin

may as well buy a 1A2

Pat Guido
NEXTIRAONE
Pat.guido@nextiraone.com

Formerly Nextira, formerly Williams Communications, formerly Wiltel, formerly Nortel networks, formerly Northern Telecom, formerly, Nynex meridian systems formerly Northern Telecom.

Whenever they're close to Park and Page they get it. Tough to teach them how to use the system for line appearances and then re-train when they get more lines.

Just to let you know.... I ended up building auto attendants w/ different operators extensions to solve the problem.
6107 had trouble later on in the week. The only set that couldn't dial "8" access code??? Ended up resetting the template (plugging another phone in and then original phone). Solved the problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back