Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Calls going to wrong extension

Status
Not open for further replies.

jgonzalez77

IS-IT--Management
Jun 28, 2008
US
Hi All,

We have an IPO 500, R8 (recently upgraded). We are getting complaints from callers that when they call into the system and they dial an extension they connect to the wrong extension. For example, a caller this evening called in and dialed x31 but ended up at x39. The person at x39 forwarded him to x31 successfully (so the extension is working and does not have forwarding enabled).

We have VMPro and do have an automated attendant.

Any thoughts or suggestions on where to look? In montioring, what would I be looking for?

Thanks in advance!

Erm, do you not have a qualified business partner looking after your support?

If not, then go get some, rather than trying to get free support from these forums.

ACSS - SME
General Geek

1832163.png

What are your extension?
Do you have an option off your AA that starts with same number your extension are?

I don't know that there are specific extensions that are problematic, probably because people don't always raise the issue. but yesterday a caller dialed 31 and landed at 39.

We don't have anything in AA that begins with a 3, we only have a prompt to dial *2 for dial by name

I accept that it could be a caller with fat fingers, but when questioned people always swear that they dial the right extension.

And HSP - really???

Huh? So what is it now? Dial by name or dial extension? :)

Sorry, I guess I wasn't clear.

When people call in, they reach the auto-attendant. The greeting states, "if you know your party's extension, you may dial it now, for a dial-by-name directory, press *2". Those are the only options, is what I meant.

Thanks!

So it is dial by name.
Then i think the names are not recorded very well.
And HSM is right, get a certified engineer to solve this.
The engineer would have found the issue already.

BAZINGA!

I'm not insane, my mother had me tested!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back