Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Calls going directly to General Delivery MB?

Status
Not open for further replies.

DOcean

Programmer
Apr 5, 2004
US
I have a CICS with CallPilot at a busy medical office. CCR tree answers on "0" rings. After pressing 1 or 2, patients are directed to appropriate doctor's receptionist. I've set up a hunt group for the busier receptionist (221), so other girls at the front desk can help her answer.

Occasionally, when calling in, the call goes directly to the General Delivery mailbox. Anyone have any idea as to what's going on?

I'm guessing the voicemail (2 ch.) is busy with other calls, but why would the caller get the Gen Del. mailbox instead of nothing or ringing?

The channels being busy would not cause the gen deliv to pick up, as the gen deliv needs a channel in order to answer. You need to check your settings; particularly any CFWD on busy. If you have a CFWD on busy, just disable it, as it is not needed.

You may also want to check the amount of ICM keys on these sets, if no appearing lines. May need to add a few more ICM keys.

No CFWD on busy assigned. Again, wouldn't you still hear the CCR tree first before hearing the Gen Delivery MB? On occasion, when I call the office, I hear the Gen Delivery MB as soon as the CallPilot picks up...no CCR tree!

The scenario described in that last post would occur if: you have a phone that is programmed to ring, cf BUSY to vm,
without a mailbox! Good Luck !

We had this problem sneak up on us a few times and if I remember correctly it had to do on the number of rings for the Fwd no answer to voicemail. When the general Delivery rings was less then the number of rings it preceeds the tree. Hoping someone can enlighting you on this as for I can't really remember. The other thing.

Is your CCR Tree active on your Greeting Table 1?

Good Luck

General delivery mailbox is necessary and cannot be turned off in this instance.

CCR Tree is active on Greeting Table 1.

Table 1 is set to answer on "0" rings.

CF on busy is not used anywhere in the system.

CFNA set to 6 rings on all sets.

Gen. Delivery Mbox assigned to Ext. 221.

what about DND on Busy.- Is that being used by any of the reception phones, that might overflow to VM.

have you tried checking feature 982 what are your settings.

Answer lines - Y
Busines open - Y
Attendant Ext - 221

What about the other extension in the hunt group? Have you checked the settings there?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back