Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Calls do not going to Voicemail

Status
Not open for further replies.

usmamo

Technical User
Mar 30, 2010
US
Hello All,

I am having issues with a certain phone number not rolling to voicemail. The calls makes it to MM, but it just gets placed at the cover "Welcome to avaya messaging please enter the mailbox of the person you are trying to call" and once I enter the extensions number it just loops back to the same message. Is there a way to see whats causing the loop? It does the same thing when I press the Voicemail soft button.. Any help would be great!

Thanks in advance

It sounds like the number does not have a matching mailbox number in the system.

Can you press # and enter the mailbox number as a user? If you look at the OHV when you make the call does it show the called number as the one you think it should be ?

Does the PBX ext number match the called number as well ?

Ken Means

"I find that the harder I work, the more luck I seem to have."
- Thomas Jefferson (1743-1826)

That is the thing I can log into the ext just fine when try to as a user. I can also hear her recorded name when I dial her EXT from the names directory within MM.

Quick question what is OHV?

Sorry if that is dumb questions I'm still learning the system xD

operational history viewer.

And the only dumb question is the one not asked.

Ken Means

assuming this is an avaya pbx - check the public unkown numbering table to see that this is set correctly for the corresponding number range that this extension resides in

Hello,
We are having the same issue on a couple of stations in MM. They had been working fine for quite some time, now we are getting the same treatment as USMANO describes. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

what do you see in the OHV when you call the number and it rolls to MM ?

does it say called number and calling number and is the called number match the mailbox / sta number and the pbx ext number in the mm mailbox profile ?

Ken Means

I do not have access to the MAS and am curretly waiting for our global VOIP admin to get me a password for the US system. Once I can get in and check the OHV I will update this post.

Thanks for all your help!

We are facing similar kind of issue.

We have confirmed the called number and mailbox number are same. The subscriber is also there in MM with correct PBX extension entry.

please advice.

We are getting Warning : EVENT - 1529 Category - Telephone user interface.

The call was diverted to MMS from extension <Extension number dialed> There is no corresponding subscriber for this extension.

This means that the ext number is not a valid mailbox number. So if some dial 1234. And it rolls to vm and no user has 1234 as a mailbox number you will get this error.

Ken Means

Guys... the other cause could be on the mailbox form itself. If the mailbox exists is Voicemail Enabled set to Yes.

I had the same symptoms as stated in this inquiry and found that Voicemail Enabled was set to No. Once it was changed to Yes everything worked.

Sometimes you can overthink a problem cause.

We are having a similar issue. When a user calls a DN, it rings at the DN. However, it does not get patched through to the VM. Some users are getting patched over to a different DN.

One user gets patched over to a different DN with a mailbox on the server and it rings at a different desk.

Another users get patched over to a different DN with a mailbox not on the server and they get a 'Welcome to Avaya Messaging' recording.

I did a trace on one and it shows the swtich sending MM "2890" instead of "2830" when they call "2830". It rings at "2830" desk but instead of going to the VM it goes to "2890" who does not have VM setup.

Any ideas?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back