Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

CallPilot Reporter

Status
Not open for further replies.

fishax

MIS
Sep 11, 2002
CA
Have installed CP Reporter and CP Manager (v3.03). on a Windoews 2003 Server. The Reporter installs as a Service and an ODBC Connection is also seen.

Currently we are able to login to Call Pilot Manager, but when we run Reporter, they do not run. OM's are turned on.
Suspect that there may be some settings for the ODBC cprt connection. Can anyone provide info. on what needs to be setup (if anything) for the System DSN ODBC "cprpt" that is installed e.g. Login/Database/Advanced Tabs. The Manual does not mention anything unfortunately.

When you launch reporter, there is an option there to see how the Call Pilot Server got registered. It will actually say it has connected to the server. With Reporter, it is important you either login to the Webserver using the computer name or the IP address,you can't swap back and forth because it will change the destination of the OMs. So what may have happened is that the initial login was done by IP and you are trying to access reports by logging in with the computer name; you will get nothing because the stats are connected with the IP address.

I don't believe it had anything to do with the name nor the ODBC Driver. I tried changing the CallPilot Reporter to logon with a Local Admin account, as well as configured IIS to use the same account. Have to double-check tommorow, but it seemed to have worked once, before I called it quits for the day.

Have you verified that you have a successful connection? That is the real key. I have neverhad to do anything with ODBC connections, did not have an issue with logins or anything of that nature. You may want to do a log out and erase, and then log in again and verify a successful connection to the Call Pilot server. And you should be good to go.

Yes, CP Manager was logging in without any problems. We were only getting blank reports i.e no data.

With SP1 on 2003, you have to start the Reporter Service with a Admin Account and there are other IIS related that must be done. The only additional thing that was tried is using the same account as the Anonymous Account that IIS uses.

Thanks for reply.

Do you have the correct version of Java Runtime installed?
If you have a newer version than Callpilot Reporter uses you will get blank reports.

Yes, I have installed on 2 test machines now...one has a newer version of Java, which is giving me Blank Pages, so I cannot display records, but can save them in pdf format. Works fine. This one is a Windows 2000 PC running IIS.

The other Server (Windows 2003, IIS 6) has the correct Java, but blank records. I believe this Server is not connecting i.e. even though the CP Manager Connects, the reporter portion is not bringing down the OM's (probably because they are associated with the first server??). One of comments was that OM's are associated to the WebServer. How do I clear this association to the first server? Is it cached somewhere? I am not seeing a connected message in the System Log for this Server.

It can be registered to the original server. You have to do a logout and erase on the first server to stop the reports going there.

Thanks for the help so far. Yes, you were correct in that the "Logout & Erase" terminates the association with the First Server.

However, this is where I am now. I AM able to see the CONNECTED message from the second Server. But when I run the Reports, still BLANK. Channel Usage Report shows 0, and all other reports are showing completely blank except for the headers. No Data is getting pulled from the Call Pilot Server. Am I missing something?

There is a new PEP out for Call Pilot, SU05, which has a lot of fixes for Reporter, especially running on 2003. Are you up to date on PEPs and the Manager?

Not really upto Date with PEPS. We were sent the current version of CP Manager/Reporter by the Vendor i.e version 4.x, although we are on version 3.x on the Server Side. We did try to install 4.x client side, to see if made any difference, but no Cigar.

This is what I am thinking now. We have 2003 Enterprise Installed at the WorkPlace. Is it possible that this OS is not supported by the application? The Document says Windows 2003 Standalone Server. I currently have it working in Windows 2000 Professional, but whenever I try the install on our companies 2003 Enterprise Server, it does not work i.e. connects, but no records in the reports.

2003 is supported with 4.0 Manager; However, to talk to the 3.0 Call Pilot server, the server has to be at a certain PEP level to support the Report Manager at a different level. Unfortunately, I don't have any 3.0 servers out in the field, just the 2.2. We do have the Call Pilot Manager 4.0 working on a 2003 server talking to a 2.2 server, but you may want to double check the PEP levels everywhere.

Can you confirm if you have 2003 Advanced or 2003 Enterprise version installed?

Here is a note from the planning and install guide regarding OS on the reporter server:

For Windows 2000, the Advanced Server and DataCenter Server
versions are not supported. For Windows 2003, the Standard Server version is supported. Future support for both enterprise and DataCenter versions is planned.

Are you sure you don't mean 2000 server advanced. As far as I know 2003 only is offered as "standard, enterprise, or datacenter" and not "advanced".

I too am getting blank reports with no data except for the headers on the page.

Fishax, let us know if you come up with something and I will do the same.

Thanks
Rob

Yes, sorry, I meant 2003 Standard (not advanced).

Well, I have test planned tommorow on Advanced 2000 Server. I did have it working on 2000 Pro with IIS 5.0, so fairly confident that it will work for Advanced Server. Will keep you informed on the steps taken. (Had made a bunch of configuration changes on 2k Pro, and will post them once I know which exactly what the minimum is required to get this to work. If you want Rob, here are some steps that had been attempted (although I am not sure if all required or not) that you can test.
- Created Local Admin Account (part of Administrators Group)
- Start Reporter Service with this Local Admin Account
- For IIS, the Anonymous Account was changed to this Local Admin Account used for connection.

Please note, that on my machine, the Java version was messed up, so I had to Schedule the Report and save it as pdf to my local machine. I was getting pdf reports with Data.

Also, when you login and launch Reporter, your System Log should indicate a message that you are connected (Basically a temporary ODBC Connection is created on the Call Pilot Server). When you "Logout and Erase", the ODBC configuration is cleared automatically on the Call Pilot Server.

Hope this info. helps. :)

Distributor Technical Reference Bulletin
Bulletin Number: DTR-2005-0226-Global
Date: 12 July 2005

When using CallPilot Reporter, for proper operation of Java on Netscape 6.2 or Microsoft Internet Explorer 6.x, J2SE version 1.3.1 must be installed. If you have an earlier or laterversion of J2SE, it must be uninstalled first. J2SE versions can be downloaded from or the CallPilot 4.0 Applications CD.

I believe this is true for all CallPilot and CallPilot Repoter versions

I have had No luck. Have tried Win2k SP3, Win2k SP4 and still getting blank reports. Only Headers showing. Am getting connected to the Server, but blank reports. Have even tried the 4.04 client.

Anyluck Rob at your end?

Are you getting a report with headers and no stats? or is the report not coming up?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back