Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

CallPilot Reporter

Status
Not open for further replies.

fishax

MIS
Sep 11, 2002
CA
Have installed CP Reporter and CP Manager (v3.03). on a Windoews 2003 Server. The Reporter installs as a Service and an ODBC Connection is also seen.

Currently we are able to login to Call Pilot Manager, but when we run Reporter, they do not run. OM's are turned on.
Suspect that there may be some settings for the ODBC cprt connection. Can anyone provide info. on what needs to be setup (if anything) for the System DSN ODBC "cprpt" that is installed e.g. Login/Database/Advanced Tabs. The Manual does not mention anything unfortunately.

Have you checked the actual Call Pilot server to see if there was any reason why OM's might have stopped sending the stats? Perhaps a reboot of the Call Pilot Server might be necessary for it to resume sending stats out. They can shut down if it doesn't know where to send the stats to.

Haven't tried rebooting CP Server(s). But I do know that when CP Reporter is installed on Windows 2000 Professional, SP4, IIS 5, I do get the stats. We have 3 separate instances of CP Servers, and none of them are sending down the OM's when installed on Windows Servers. So ruled out the Rebooting Option, since I know that connection is being made. Even the logs indicate connection is made. I am thinking it has something to do with Server Security related.

Since you have been changing servers so often; it is sending the stats by computer name.....is the computer name registered with DNS/WINS so that the Call Pilot Server can resolve the name?

Just an update.
I did get it working with Windows 2000 Advanced, SP3 as well as 2003 Enterprise Server. Scheduled a report to run overnight and save to a pdf file and worked fine after it ran (somehow the association between the WebServer+Call Pilot Server was established when the report got scheduled to run overnight).

On the Production Server, for some reason, the CP Reporter just wont install. It tries to configure the SQLANY_cprt ODBC connection but fails. Has anyone seen this?

This might be the issue with loading CallPilot Reporter to your production server:

Facts: Standalone Web Server, CallPilot Reporter, Windows 2000 server, Windows 2003 server
Symptoms:
ODBC configuration for Adaptive Server Anywhere pops up during install, Install stops at cprptic.dll during install, ODBC configuration for Adaptive Server Anywhere pops up during install

Cause: Installing CallPilot Reporter via Remote Desktop.
Fix: Install CallPilot Reporter directly on the console of the server. Install of Reporter is currently not supported by installing through a terminal server session.

Fishax - What steps did you perform to finally collect stats on the 2003 server (25-apr-2006)? I have the same issue...Thanks in advance.

Thanks spdrake for that. It was being installed remotely. I will try the Local Install.

As mentioned, just created a local admin account, then for the Anonymous Account in IIS, I used this account for Web Default, then for the Reporter Service, used this account as well. Then connected and scheduled a report to run overnight (making sure NOT to Logout and Erase).
With SP1, there are a few more Security steps. Can dig it up if you wish.

I would greatly appreciate any other security steps you have to offer for troubleshooting. I finally have stable access to reporter with no errors in Log view, but no OM data is flowing to the report server.
Thank you in advance,

Is your System Log showing that you are connected to CP Server when you run reporter?

Well, that is a good place to start. The System Log does not include an entry for "Connection established". Should it? Entries in the System Log are for On Demand Alert check, Purge operation, and Alert Check.

Yes, the System Log has to have the entry that you are connected. Sometimes you have to click on it couple of times for it to show up. Once the connection is established,on the CP Server itself, it creates an ODBC connection entry (under System DSN if I recall correctly). As soon as you hit Logout and Erase, this ODBC Connection dissappears.

Could it be that you already have another connection with another instance? Check the CP Server to verify that you do not have this cprpt ODBC Connection.

If not, then your instance is not establishing connection. I would check the IIS setup. If you have SP1, 2003 Server, then there are certain DCOM Permissions involved as well.

I have been told that if Terminal Services / Remote Desktop is installed and running on the CallPilot Report server, it will be unable to connect with the CallPilot server to collect hourly stats. Is this a true statement? Fishax, I assumed from your threads that you are in a terminal services environment. When you have an opportunity, please let me know. Thanks in advance.

I will confirm for you.

One thing I do know that with Enterprise 2003 SP1, we were not able to connect to the CP Server, even though we followed instructions to configure DCOM to allow Anonymous and Everyone Access. Once we uninstalled SP1, the Reporter was able to connect fine (as seen in system log). I am assuming that you are saying that with TS, you are able to connect to CP Server (indicated in System Log), but stats just don't download. Have you tried scheduling the reports overnight to a pdf file to see if it does poll the CP Server?

Did not get a chance to test with TS. The production environment is working well and do not want touch it now. All I can tell you is that we do have TS running. We normally schedule the reports to run overnight to a pdf file, and we are seeing data. For that, you need a local Admin account, and the Reporter Service should start up with this account (at least that is what we have and it is working fine).

Hope this helps in anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back