Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

callpilot CCR extrernal trf using centrex

Status
Not open for further replies.

mynameisEarl1959

Programmer
May 12, 2008
US
Looking for code prefix to input before number using verizon cetrex pri. need to do hookflash transfer over ccr tree

The # key will invok the link feature on the Verizon network so you dont have to use 2 lines. Page 132 on norstar voice mail 4.0 set up and operaration guide.Enter the path # xfer, ext,pool or line,# plus phone number. Hope that helps !

it is a verizon centrex PRI and you sure can but what is link code for external trf to any centrex line

Centrex and PRI are two different beasts....which one is it?

Centrex is a hosted PBX
PRI is ISDN data circuit

Centrex use # to do a hook transfer.

I would like to know how you do a hook transfer on PRI though!!!

=----(((((((((()----=
curlycord

I always thought the same until now? This is an actual verizon dial 9 centrex PRI. We have 9 of these on LI, NY and are all Setup in routes the same as any PRI but this one I put 9 in the external dial and this allows them to dial between their other offices. I have a body going there tomorrow because I am curious like yourself if ftr71 works, I cannot answer that as of yet?

Centrex PRI is commonly referred to as a DFI - Digital Facility Interface. The CO end of the PRI terminates in the Centrex common block via D1E1X facilities. This configuration is not uncommon for large government customers.

Thanks Lc

Found more on this:

Abbreviated Description: A TERMINATION THAT PROVIDES A DIGITAL INTERFACE BETWEEN A DS1 FACILITY AND A CUSTOMER'S CENTREX TYPE SYTEM.

State Availability: NEW MEXICO, NORTH DAKOTA, COLORADO, OREGON, WYOMING, SOUTH DAKOTA, ARIZONA, UTAH, WASHINGTON, IOWA, MINNESOTA, IDAHO NO, MONTANA, IDAHO SO, NEBRASKA

Long Description: A private termination for a DS1 facility on a customer's system. It provides for multiplexing and channelization into 24 circuits each with a 64 kbps rate or less. They connect the following - Interexchange Carrier to a Centrex type system, Centrex type system to another Centrex system, or PBX to a Centrex type system. DFI is strictly a tie line application with the primary use for high volume toll services. It can be an alternative to multiple WATS lines and the DFI interface to a facility can be InterLATA, IntraLATA or Interstate.

=----(((((((((()----=
curlycord

Which it is a large government customer with endless needs and wants and thanks everyone just so you all know you are correct in saying you cannot link a PRI channel at all. Centrex dial 9 YES but link not happening so back to their drawing board!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back