Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Callpilot 4.0 on OPT11C - modem programming? 5

Status
Not open for further replies.

M1north

IS-IT--Management
Sep 28, 2007
CA
How do I program a new external modem for dialup to this mail? Is it the same as mermail?

Thx

hehe, after all of this, we finally find out its not CP 4.0 but CP 2.x running on NT 4.0

remove the modem
remove pcanywhere
remove the RAS service
reboot the server.

Add the modem back in as a US Robotic external 28800-36000, doesn't matter if you have a 56k modem. NT has native drivers for the USR external 28-36k. make sure it bound to comm1. then add the RAS service, you may need the NT 4.0 OS disk. add pcanywhere back, set it for network not modem.

Normally, adding the RAS service requires reapplying the service pack, unfornately, you don't have that luxury without reimaging.

Sorry about all the BS here. I am new to CPilot and I thought 4.0 meant Win NT 4.0. Now I know what I`m dealing with here.

I`m going to do a full backup first before I attemp this unless anyone disagrees. I dont see it affecting the backup as this all seems OS related.

Thx

Last question: I have a bunch of CD`s that were left behind from our old manager. They are showing Callpilot 2.02. at the top and version 2.01.xx.xx March 2003 near the bottom of the cover.

Is this different software or can I use this?

Can someone tell me what disks have the PCAnywhere and RAS on them?

Thx

RAS and PCAnywhere is on the OS Recovery CD.

Ver 2.01.26 = 2.0 CP
Ver 2.01.27 = 2.2

OK...thx everyone for the help. I have found the 2.0 disks and the CD rom drive. I will now attempt to fix this issue.

Lets hope I dont crash and burn !!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back