Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Callpilot 202i on CS1000 Rls 6 will not answer calls, help !!

Status
Not open for further replies.

hellzb33

Technical User
Jan 7, 2010
CA
Hi everybody,

My callpilot is a CP500 with SU08 installed on it. The callpilot itself works fine in an older option 11 system but on our CS1000 rls 6 everything is looking good but when you call the CDN, it RNA and doesn't play prompts. At first I tought it could be a language issue so I reinstalled the languages at least 3 times, no change. I then completly rebuilt the config in the cs1000 switch but I have the same problem today : The Agents are acquired, I see they gets busy if I go check in Channel monitor, but the calls seems to get answered in some way and I hear nothing and then it drops.

CP is fully patched. Do you guys think it can be a DB issue on my MGC ? Everything else is working OK, IP phones, digital and analogs sets..etc I upgraded the MGC with the latest firmware and I did a "diskformat" and "mgcIPClear" on it before upgrading it just to make sure. I have also rebuilt the VGW channels multiple times, im totally lost right now and I need some expert advice.

Any idea what the issue could be ?

This may be a stupid question but did you get a new dongle for the CS1000

OLD ROLMEN WORKING ON NORTELS AND AVAYA

are you using the digital phones to test or IP, do you get the same result with the digital and IP? test with a digital phone in the same mgc, if cp answers, then it's dsp issues.

Hi there,

Thanks for the reply to my question. I have been testing with both digital phones and ip phones : same problem. Calls can get thru from an ip to a digital phone, however if I call the CDN I get the same result on an ip or digital phone.

Another silly question - Have you checked your readings for all your power and earthing requirements ?

Cheers!!

Just double checking, you mentioned at the beginning of you post that you get RNA and then later on you get answered and get DEAD AIR.

Which of the two is it?

Is it a NEW callpilot install? You said it works on an OPT11c, you changed the system type to small system? and then back when you went to the CS1000 rls 6? All agents are built with large system TN format? MMA in cls for the agents?

DSP can cause the same type of problem, on both the CP and CS1000, so eliminate the CS1000's DSPs as a possible problem.

Also, you can disable 1 DSP at a time on the CP to check if it's a dsp issue on the CP.

Hi guys,

In fact its more like the CP seems to answer or hangs up without giving dead air, it will ring 5 times, I see the DSPs are idle and then it just stop ringing and the communication "drops" even tho its not really established. I have disabled the dsp one by one and checked if it could be a bad dsp, but its doing the same issue on all four dsps.

Right now, I am checking the power and earthing requirements as SL1M1 suggested...will keep you posted !

Hi all,

I have checked ground on the cabinet and everything is ok, I also have removed ground and put it back on cabinet and I still have the same problem. Any other suggestions ?

ok, check if the CDN is acquired
CHECK ELAN in LD 48 on the PBX make sure Lyr7 is up.

Ping from the CP server to the PBX ELAN ip.

check the events on the Callpilot for any errors on bootup.

Errors might point the way in this one....

Try pinging the CallPilot ELAN port from the CS1000
If the ping fails then login on CallPilot Console and click on services icon in the Admin Tools page
Scroll down till you see IPSEC. If the status is "Started" then right click on IPSEC chose properties and change startup from automatic to disable. Reboot CallPilot. If CallPilot comes up and functions correctly you can then re-enable IPSEC if you want

I've had this bite me several times.

If Callpilot DSP is never active when calling CDN, it means something wrong with your progammming. Checked the TNs again (lscu for this large system, not option 11 in your config wizard)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back