Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

CallPilot 100 Rls 3.0 & Norstar 6x16 DR5 changing # of rings 4

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jun 26, 2003
CA
I have a 6x16 Norstar with DR5 s/w with disconnect supervision and a CallPilot 100 Rls 3.0 with 10 Mailboxes. When I change the # of rings to more than 3 rings the Auto Attendent does not work properly. The message delivered is that the voice mail box is not activated or it rings directly to mailbox 21's greeting. Does anyone know how to fix this problem?

6x16 DR5 is not supported with CP

Min release is 4.1 (CICS, MICS)

Make sure the Call Forward is set to 4 or 6 rings ands the transfer recall is as well. You need to have them set to more rings than the line ringing.

Call forward is found under Set Capabilities (per station)and the transfer recall is under Features (system wide)

I have set the Call Forward Rings to 6 and the CP100 is still picking up after 3 rings even though the call pilot 100 is set to 6 rings before it is suppose to answer. One more thing, I cannot find the transfer recall Feature you are talking about. I have one more question, does the DRT to Prime settting have to be altered?

And the winner is....Senk1s!

Thank you Senk! You are absolutely correct and that was excellent advice that was obviously promptly ignored! That software couldn't be more incompatible. I can't believe they got Call Pilot to do anything at all with that dinosaur! Sometimes ya just have to club 'em over the head till it sinks in I guess. :)

HEY DEWEY! Stop spinning your wheels man! Here's the solution: Rip that worthless 15 year old pancake off the wall by the bloody roots and chunk it right in the trash where it belongs, bite the bullet and buy a new Compact ICS to match that brand new high dollar voice mail system cuz you'll never get that thing to work right otherwise!

Ticket cleared....case closed!

Phonehed in Dallas

P.S. Don't thank me, thank Senk!

DRT to prime is a system wide transfer to voicemail. CF is extension by extension. I usually set each the same (4 works good).
The manual reads one number must be higher than the other to work properly (which is correct). But this way "fools" the system by 1/2 a ring, and is easier to remember.

DRT to Prime=4
CFNA=4
Call Pilot line rings= 4

Try this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back