Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

CallManager and Unity?

Status
Not open for further replies.

neutec

Technical User
Apr 26, 2003
Hello,
I have a working CCM 3.4 server which I would like to add Unity to. I have installed Unity4.0 on another server but I can figure out how to make them communicate together. I have my Unity server running on my domain and I have CallManager running on another workgroup. I also am confused about importing Active Directory into CallManager. Are there any good help files on setting this up.
Thanks

if you have unity 4.0...as a new install.. I am sure you have tac on that. =)

Read the documentation from front to back. It is all explained in excrutiating detail. It really is quite easy though. In your situation, CCM doesn't know jack about the AD. However, Unity does since it part of the domain. When CCM send a call to Unity, it send the extension. The extension is then associated with an AD user and, if unified messaging is enabled, the Exchange or Notes mailbox. I absolutely love unity coming from an old Telrad system.

It is what it is!!

Documentation, Documentation, and Documetation.

Cisco may have its share of faults, but when it comes to application installation and integration it is all in the DOCUMENTATION.

It is boring, but it will solve your problem, because you should not even consider doing some of the things you just mentioned in that post.

Mspivey
CCNP

Have you been to ?
The OFFICIAL Cisco IP Telephony User Group!

Anyone know of any good books that might walk though setting up Unity and CallManager?

neutec: Do you actually own the software or are you trying to install it without valid licenses? If you have a CCO login you can get all the installation guides which cover this information.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back