Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Calling sql Server procedure from Foxpro 7

Status
Not open for further replies.

CliveW

Technical User
Aug 19, 2002
GB
Hello

I need to do a form / report in fox and would like to parse the stored procedure that I have created but need help in doing this.
(Not a true fox user yet)

I know I can use the sql statement but would like if posible to use the stored procedure

Thanks

Clive

Hi CliveW,

Not enough in your question to really go on...could you be a little more specific on what you are trying to do...I can gather that it is VFP 7 and that the backend is SQL Server (some version) but not much else...maybe even include some partial snippets of the stored procedure so we can figure out what it is that you want and follow along? Slighthaze = NULL

Check the SQLCONNECT, SQLEXEC statements.
I am working in such an environment like yours for a couple of months and I've used only those functions.
SQLEXEC is something like exec for SQL2000
Cheers

Were using sql server 2000 and VFP7.

I have a stored procedure called sp_orders_rpt in sql server
that does a basic report against some tables within SQL Server.
The main application is vfp7 frontend with sqlserver backend.
Plan is to call the reportform in fox that will run the stored procedure.

I have no problem using SQLconnect or sqlexec, just not sure how to run / call the stored procedure from fox.

Thanks for that its all working now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back