Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Callers can't access Company Directory 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

jhentz

Technical User
Jun 15, 2010
US
We have an odd problem with the company directory on our CallPilot 100...if a caller follows all the prompts ("if you know the name of the person you're calling for, press 3"...then, "for the company directory, press #") when they hit #, the system pauses for a sec, and then says, "exiting the system" and hangs up on them. BUT, if you hit # from the main menu, the company directory works fine.

Can you think of any reason why it wouldn't work one level deeper than the main menu? So strange. Thanks.

Make sure # option is set to go where you want it to go and not just to disconnect (which I think is the default value in menus)From what you have written it should terminate to the same place your main menu option does.

I've never seen a place to set any options for the # ...I thought that it was one of those things that is set by the system (# = company directory) and I have scoured all of the menus and see no reference to it anywhere. Can you tell me where to look? Thanks.

It's a CallPilot 100, running version 31.10.35.22.

Make sure the option is enabled in F983

OLD ROLMEN WORKING ON NORTELS AND AVAYA

It is enabled...and it works fine from the main menu. It just doesn't work from the sub-menu, which is the problem.

What Sub-Menu?

I'm not sure how else to explain it other than the way I explained it in the original post....if I hit # from the main menu, it works. If I go into the sub-menu ("if you know the name of ther person you are calling for, dial 3") and try to use the company directory from there ("for the compnay directory, press #") it doesn't work. It pauses, says "exiting the system" and hangs up on me.

If your talking about the CCR tree you are correct it will disconnect you. it only works from the AA

First, many thanks for helping me sort through this! I appreciate your patience!

Are you saying that my main menu is not part of the CCR tree? because that's where I make changes to it. Here's the way it works:

The phone rings and is answered by the voice mail. The initial greeting says hi, you've reached us, we can't answer your call.

After that greeting ends, the menu starts. For directions, press 1. For hours, press 2. If you know the name of the person you need to talk to, press 3. If you need information but aren't sure who you need to speak with, press 4. If I dial # during this menu, it takes me to the company directory, no problem. (Am I wrong that thismenu is part of the CCR?)

It's after I press 3 that I start getting cut off. It boggles the mind because we had a StarTalk unit for 13 years, same menu setup, no problems, ever. I find it hard to believe that the CallPilot would be so drastically different, so as to not allow us to have outside callers use the directory in the same manner that the StarTalk did.

That is correct, once you enter the CCR Tree # no longer works. You will need to say if you want to use the Company Directory press # in the Greeting.

Call Pilot 1005r Release 5.0 SU 8
If I access our Call Pilot through a PRI from another switch on campus (direct fibre), it does not let me log in to my mailbox. Seems like it does not recognise the DTMF tones. I enter the mailbox number then #. It asks me for a password which I enter and then #. System tells me that the password is invalid, to contact the system administrator and then hangs up.
When I am on the local switch where the Call Pilot resides, all works normal and if I screw up the password, it tells me so but tells me to try again. Anyone seen this? Seems to be something lost on the PRI.

company directory # is only accessible from the main greetings (this includes the path "0" of the ccr tree, if it is set as a menu)

mike

What you can do is on the greeting record all what you want to say ie.. where here /directory #/press 1,2,3,4, that way the # is avaliable thru the hole greeting except if the caller selects 1,2,3or 4. Also erase path zero on the CCR tree, Plus you do not have to disable the tree to rerecord the greeting. You will have to disable to erase path o.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back