Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Callers being queued after hrs 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

gjegstrup

Technical User
Jul 29, 2003
US
Ok IP Office Afficionados, your help is once again requested.
I have recently changed my IP Office setup so that members of all the hunt groups have to login and out of their phones. That works fine. The problem is, on one group, when it recieve after hrs calls, they're sent to the queue. The only difference in this hunt group and the others that work properly is it has one disabled member in it. Is this causing my problem?

[cheers] Bottoms up!

If all useres are logged out there is no phone available to ring & the IPO will Que the call rather than going to VM or overflow.

Following the recent IPO forum I am now in discusion with avaya concerning this & similar "features"

Thats an interesting "feature".

I am gonna try adding a phone to the hunt group that does not log in & out and disable it in the group and see if this will patch it.
What do ya think?

[cheers] Bottoms up!

disableing the ext. in the group will also cause the same problem.
you could try using a n/s falback group to route out of hours calls to another destination or VM.

The Gents at avaya have been quite keen to discuss this type of operation so hopefully it will change in a future release (prob too late for 2.0 but maby 2.1)

Yes you need to put the group into Night service or out of service so it goes to some sort of after or out of hours greeting.

The way I finally resolved this was to create a separate voice mail box and in VMP, route all hunt group calls to this box outside of business hrs. My users are happy with this and if they're happy, they leave me alone.......:)
Thanks for everyones input.

[cheers] Bottoms up!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back