Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Caller Name Listed as Call ID

Status
Not open for further replies.

tylamb19

IS-IT--Management
Jul 10, 2017
US
Hi All,

I am having some trouble getting the incoming caller ID to work properly. Whenever I call into the system and progress through the auto attendant set up in Voicemail Pro, the caller name field on the phone then shows up as a random number. Not a phone number, but a one or two digit number. This causes the call history and voicemail to show these random numbers and not the actual phone number of the caller (see the voicemail to email screenshot). The calling party number field works properly, below the name field. See the attached pictures of the phones ringing. A Monitor trace shows that this field is originally the "Call ID" (not to be confused with the Caller ID) assigned to the call when it is received by the system and somehow during the transfer the calling party gets changed to this one or two digit number. This happens on both a PRI trunk and analog trunks. Any ideas? Am I just missing something after staring for hours at this issue? I've linked a Monitor capture of when the system assigned a call with ID 39. I've checked the routing parameters (source and destination) in the auto attendant and they are blank, so it's not that.

thumbnail_IMG_3357_vur8e8.jpg

thumbnail_image0_vaxu6f.jpg

thumbnail_Voicemail_Message_4_General_Group_From4_tpykw6.jpg

What release are you running?
And, what if you bypass the Voicemail and assign the number directly to your phone or the hunt group?

Been there, done that

10.1 SP8 is the release the system is running. If I create an ICR for my number to send it to an extension it works correctly (CNAM and number are fine) so it’s definitely something that’s happening in VM Pro.

It appears to be your queued position, I haven't played with that option in awhile, but in your trace I see this:

11:10:25 125814582mS CMExtnRx: v=RAS, p1=0
CMConnect
Line: type=NoLine 0 Call: lid=0 id=-1 in=0
IE CMIERespondingPartyName (228)(Type=CMName_VMPro) name=!$Queued;General Group,1,0
IE CMIERespondingPartyNumber (230)(P:100 S:100 T:102 N:100 R:4) number=!$Queued;General Group,1,0
IE CMIEDeviceDetail (231) c0a82a0200000488 LOCALE=enu HW=15 VER=10 class=CMDeviceVoicemail type=1 number=0 channel=11 features=0x0 rx_gain=32 tx_gain=32
ep_callid=1160 ipaddr=192.168.42.2 apps=0 loc=0 em_a_loc=0 em_d_loc=0 features2=0x0 is_spcall=0 ignores_dtmf=0 avgsid=
IE CMIERedirectingPartyName (232)(Type=CMNameInternalGroup) name=General Group
IE CMIERedirectingPartyNumber (234)(P:100 S:100 T:101 N:100 R:4) number=2003

Been there, done that

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back