Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Caller ID

Status
Not open for further replies.

DWShetler

MIS
Feb 4, 2002
US
I've had some issues with my phone system. In fact some of the modular units have been replaced. Everything is up and running for about 3 weeks no with no problems.

There is one issue I was hoping someone knew how to fix. Before our problems, when outsiders called our DID's, caller ID would pop up before we answered the phone. Now, it says Line xxx to Prime and then caller ID will usually (99% of the time) pop up AFTER you have answered the call. Anyone know the programming to switch it back to the way it was????

I am assuming you are working with PRI. Regardless, are your DID's assigned to ring and appear on the sets? Also, check that Caller ID is enabled for that set/DID.

What is the line number that it shows going to prime?

thats just it, I don't know how to check if caller id is set on each set and I believe I am set up to have DID ring on each set.

the line number that appears is what ever line number is suppose to ring on that phone. IE mine says Line 196 to Prime and my neighbors says Line 150 to Prime

Terminals&Sets - Show
Show set: ___ - Enter your extension number.
223:223 - SHow
Line Access - Show
Line Assignment - Show
Show line: ___ - Enter line 196.
L196:unassigned - Press change until it says Ring Only.
Then press your header button until you see
Line Access - Next until you see
Telco Features - Show
Feature assign - SHow
Show line: ___ - Enter 196
L196: 196 - Press Show
Caller ID set: N. - Change to yes.

Do the same for the other ext with the other line number.

MRoberts

You might also want to check the Lines->196->Trunk/line data->CLID set:___

JerryReeve
Communications Systems Int'l
com-sys.com

that did...thanks guys...one other question when a user has a vm it used to flash a little red light on his phone, now it doesn't. I went in and set it so that the indication was "lamp" but that didnt fix...any other ideas on this one??

although when I go into the system on his extension it is telling me its an M7208 with no option to change it

you stated your recently changed out some modular units...what did you change to? Did you (or a vendor) change software?

a vendor changed it, I would never attempt it. They know more than me and thats why I pay them to come in.

I am higher than 4.1.1 but still using 4.x.x

Yes it does say msg for you, its just he's crying because he wants his red light to blink also

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back