Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Caller ID to off site phones

Status
Not open for further replies.

GhostZman

Vendor
Sep 22, 2011
US
Can someone confirm this for me.. The only way to pass originating caller ID to a phone offsite is by twinning right? There is not a setup that would allow a user to forward their extension directly their cell phone and see the original calling party's CLID?

Depends on two things: Trunk type and provider.

If your outbound call takes place over an analog trunk, then you simply cannot.
If your outboudn call takes place over a PRI or SIP trunk, then you can if your provider allows it (which may be limited to local laws where you are located).

Sorry..I should have added that to the thread. Yes, it is PRI, and yes it is allowed.

Create a new ARS table, with a short code to access it, such as 8N, Dial N, Line Group ID 51:Fwd Rte.

In the ARS, Code N, Dial 3K1, Telephone Number = Nss

SS - Pass Through Calling Number
Pass through the Calling Party Number. For example, to provide the incoming ICLID at the far end of a VoIP connection, a short code ? with telephone number .SS should be added to the IP line.

So that wont work on ISDN.

Many providers dont seem to work. I know BT doesnt.

We install a small SIP trunk, and this works, especially for twinning.

ACSS - SME
General Geek

1832163.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back